• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Plain dressing(clothes, not salad!)

Hi Kay,
I was told on several recent job interview to cover up the tattoos. Mine are only a series of small dots in a line on right arm. But you are right...more and more tats showing up in business job settings. Facial, hands, and neck tats will still stop your employment in most fields.

Wait til you are way older! Then women get facial hair due to menopause. I do shave there twice a week. Wish I could afford electrolysis. But it’s ok.

When I lived in the Philippines all I could get were custom made shoes (they don't have regular shoe stores in small towns). I loved it because I have very wide feet and for the first time I could get shoes that fit and were stylish. So before I left I had several pairs made and brought them back with me. Well, I saved them for years so I wouldn't use them up. By the time I was ready to start wearing them, my feet had gotten bigger and they didn't fit. So beware of this possibility. I ended up giving all those shoes to a friend who was thrilled to get them but I was so mad at myself for saving them.

I have very wide feet too! I only now wear men’s shoes. D width is readily available in USA. They make men’s shoes sturdier, and made to last. I love them. I get all kinds from converse chuck Taylor’s, to cowboy boots, to leather slip ones, and yes, dressy lovely wingtips.
There are feminine looking men’s shoes and sandals....I don’t wear anything feminine, but you can find simple men’s shoes to go with your style of of “plain” dress. No one would know either!

Hi Kay,
I was told on several recent job interview to cover up the tattoos. Mine are only a series of small dots in a line on right arm. But you are right...more and more tats showing up in business job settings. Facial, hands, and neck tats will still stop your employment in most fields.

Wait til you are way older! Then women get facial hair due to menopause. I do shave there twice a week. Wish I could afford electrolysis. But it’s ok.
Hi Kay,

I'm only a few years from menopause, which I mostly view as a good thing, but yeah I should expect a bit of a mustache if I'm like my mom.

I have very wide feet too! I only now wear men’s shoes. D width is readily available in USA. They make men’s shoes sturdier, and made to last. I love them. I get all kinds from converse chuck Taylor’s, to cowboy boots, to leather slip ones, and yes, dressy lovely wingtips.
There are feminine looking men’s shoes and sandals....I don’t wear anything feminine, but you can find simple men’s shoes to go with your style of of “plain” dress. No one would know either!
My feet are really wide but also very short. Sometimes I can find boys shoes that work but so many boy's shoes have Spiderman or something on them. That just isn't my thing. Recently I found two pair of women's walking sandals that are not overly dainty and adjust in three places and so I am enjoying having plenty of toe room. Still had to buy them a bit big to get them wide enough but they work ok. I would prefer shoes like my husband's. Actually I would love to pretty much dress exactly like him except plaid shirts instead of solids. Men's clothes offer larger pockets, better colors, heavier fabrics, and his long sleeve t's are wonderfully soft. That's why I try to get him a few every Christmas, more for me than him. Makes him a more comfy "pillow".

Target has sensory friendly clothing. Wish all clothing was and really wish the stores were but it is a start. And for adults! And xs and a t-shirt in olive green!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom