• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Please help desperate mum here

@F-shah,
I am also wondering what his experiences outside the home are like. Does he go to school? Is he surrounded by peers daily? Is he cared for by trusted adults?

The way you describe how he used to be is somewhat extreme - maybe he's been holding things in for too long and has not had a way to express himself and communicate. Now with some internal (puberty) and external (the home environment) changes, maybe he is frustrated but doesn't have a way to clearly communicate that.

Many of us have suffered a regression of skills and abilities when we are feeling burnt out and your son could be experiencing something similar.
Yes he used to go to school but he never liked school in past we changed few school the one he is currently going was good but only 4 days a week which he was okay with. Apart from other adults were the ladies on the school van . He recently came from a holiday to his home country where he was so happy and didn’t wanted to come back . From school his teacher sent me few messages saying he was lil upset about some activity and was tearful . That’s what I can recall at the moment not any other major changes in his routine or anything … yess we as parents are in shock like how can a normal 13 years old boy running here and there can get stuck on sofa and just to go upstairs is a big challenge for him now as he goes forward and back ward again n again before even go from one room to other and sometimes these backward and forward movements take so long that he get more stressful and frustrated . Dr currently don’t have any answer other then hormonal and puberty but we as parents can’t accept that can hormones play that big part in person’s life that his whole personality is changed like living with a complete stranger now

He recently came from a holiday to his home country where he was so happy and didn’t wanted to come back
This sounds like a pretty significant thing that happened. Did you notice that his ability to function worsened on his return?

When he was "so happy" on holiday, was he able to complete tasks in a way that was typical for him?

I understand that this must be really tough. I think we can help you brainstorm and investigate some factors that may be contributing to your son's behavior. Of course, keeping up with a medical doctor is a good idea.

Have you looked into the possibility that he could have experienced something traumatic?

Sorry. It looks like that possibility was already mentioned.

New Threads

Top Bottom