• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post photos of beautiful flowers.

D7EB9CB5-FA17-4C2F-879A-869560A2D852_1_105_c.jpeg

The dogwoods are blooming in New England, USA.

Sturt’s desert peas in the botanical gardens at Mildura (northwest corner of Victoria, Australia).

Attachments

• IMG_4474.jpeg
    IMG_4474.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
A star because it also smells sweet. I love the scent of roses. So many modern varieties have no smell at all.

I have some roses here now that smells unbelievable. I have one called "Romanze", it's a shrub rose that was made by a German company called Tantau Rosen in 1985. That one is a favorite. It's difficult to describe the smell because I have nothing to compare it to. But it's sweet, like the yellow one.

Last edited:
I have some roses here now that smells unbelievable. I have one called "Romanze", it's a shrub rose that was made by a German company called Tantau Rosen in 1985. That one is a favorite. It's difficult to describe the smell because I have nothing to compare it to. But it's sweet, like the yellow one.
Excellent.

Roses don’t grow well where I live. Though possibly with lots of fungicide etc.

Excellent.

Roses don’t grow well where I live. Though possibly with lots of fungicide etc.

It can be difficult to have roses here too, the winter is hard for them. And then the spring sun burns them and dries them out. But I have found old shrub roses to be hardy. I have a white shrub rose that is a cutting from a rose bush that is over 200 years old. It grows well in poor clay soil and it doesn't need any help from me at all. Grows like weeds. It's very different from newer types of roses. But it's not a repeat-flowering rose, so that's not great. It's this one:

rose.jpg

Beautiful. We have native roses that grow wild on fence rows and farmers hate them. But. They are beautIful.

I have some young native roses that might be okay here. We shall see. It would be at the very southern border of our “zone.”

IMG_0263.jpeg

Someone planted these at a road corner and it’s been cheery to see them. The flowers behind are flowering Crape Myrtle trees.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom