• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pretend friends, or none.

Tedzilla

V.I.P Member
Sometimes I hear about kids having pretend friends. But I never had pretend friends. Has this been your experience?

I've never had pretend friends though I would play pretend with stuffed animals.

I never had imaginary friends, but I had a tendency to make friends with animals and a friendly kind of feeling with inanimate objects like stuffies, rocks, and drawings.

I had pretend friends as a child, but not the same way other children probably did. Other children who had imaginary friends would probably make up unique characters. But all my pretend friends were real people. They were usually people I saw on TV or in plays - particularly females I was attracted to. I would pretend they were there with me - that would make me feel less alone, and create an imagined thrill.

One thing I remember always doing, even from a young age, was imitating song and dance routines I saw on TV. Often they’d be group performances on TV, but I’d do them alone and do all the parts. By the time I was 4 or 5, I would imagine I was with people and they were doing the parts with me.

Nope. I thought this thread was gonna be about people being bad friends and deciding between bad friends or no friends.

All of my friends as a child were animals. I still have more animal friends than human friends. We don't speak the same language, but we don't have to in order to understand each other.

All of my friends as a child were animals. I still have more animal friends than human friends. We don't speak the same language, but we don't have to in order to understand each other.
Well dogs and cats are much better at letting their needs known without speech :)

New Threads

Top Bottom