• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Prospect of a Gay Wedding on Aussie soap Neighbours, do you approve?

I've never liked watching soaps, I have tried, but I've found them unrealistic, negatively exaggerated and otherwise quite boring, but it honestly makes no difference to myself whether they allow gay marriage or not and it's only fiction anyway. I've watched bits of Neighbours in the past and I found it especially bad, also why does virtually everyone look like a perfect supermodel without a hair out of place? I'm sure if I walked down an average street in Australia not everyone looks like this?

If they didn't allow it pre-watershed however then they could say the rules are prejudice against gay people since they allow heterosexual weddings to be shown without any question. Even if many people did disapprove they like televising things like this because they're bound to get higher viewing figures. You wouldn't be making a thread about Neighbours if it wasn't for this and similarly it creates publicity where usually no publicity is bad publicity for a show like this.
I don't like soap operas, either. I remember when Neighbours first started, I did watch it a bit, East Enders too, but I haven't done so since moving away from my parents' home. I prefer to watch documentaries or news programmes.

New Threads

Top Bottom