• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Question if it normal for me to have inappropriate anger as a 23-year-old

I feel so foolish, I am sorry :(

You shouldn't be sorry about something like this. Narcs can fool almost anyone.
On the plus side, you did what had to be done, and you're free again. This is a good outcome.

And it's definitely a learning opportunity :)

Some advice for you: as a general rule, you should come to terms with your own problems before getting close to someone with issues. Relationship-wise this is not easy in the 21st century, but it's still a good heuristic.

"Come to terms" there doesn't mean "fully resolve". If you understand and can live with your failings without negatively affecting other people, you're already in better shape than most. If, in addition, you are self-sufficient, mentally and emotionally stable, and resilient, you're in better shape than almost everyone.

It's ok to get help along the way, or to maintain a good state. What matters is the result, and having, at worst, a neutral affect on other people.

You shouldn't be sorry about something like this. Narcs can fool almost anyone.
On the plus side, you did what had to be done, and you're free again. This is a good outcome.

And it's definitely a learning opportunity :)

Some advice for you: as a general rule, you should come to terms with your own problems before getting close to someone with issues. Relationship-wise this is not easy in the 21st century, but it's still a good heuristic.

"Come to terms" there doesn't mean "fully resolve". If you understand and can live with your failings without negatively affecting other people, you're already in better shape than most. If, in addition, you are self-sufficient, mentally and emotionally stable, and resilient, you're in better shape than almost everyone.

It's ok to get help along the way, or to maintain a good state. What matters is the result, and having, at worst, a neutral affect on other people.

Thank you so much 👍 😊

I definitely agree, that is why I go to therapy and support groups.
wish i could.

Never been so embarassed as the very! first! telephone therapy appointment with an nhs psychologist i fell asleep, i very rarely fall asleep through daylight hours, she was alright said people need to sleep, so i would go on spec, but appointments nah!, just more hyperventilation.

I don't think i sleep, i think i pass out after hours,days of trying to cope with panic disorder

This thread makes me look back and consider the combination of stress and perseverance I had in my first real career job working in insurance in mid mid-twenties.

Yeah, I wish I had been paid each time I lost my temper over something that went sideways. Then again no one threatened to fire me over them either. I suppose what counted was not to have lost my temper directed towards any coworkers. That may have saved me.

Bottom line: "Normal" or not, it happens. ;)

wish i could.

Never been so embarassed as the very! first! telephone therapy appointment with an nhs psychologist i fell asleep, i very rarely fall asleep through daylight hours, she was alright said people need to sleep, so i would go on spec, but appointments nah!, just more hyperventilation.

I don't think i sleep, i think i pass out after hours,days of trying to cope with panic disorder

That makes sense.

This thread makes me look back and consider the combination of stress and perseverance I had in my first real career job working in insurance in mid mid-twenties.

Yeah, I wish I had been paid each time I lost my temper over something that went sideways. Then again no one threatened to fire me over them either. I suppose what counted was not to have lost my temper directed towards any coworkers. That may have saved me.

Bottom line: "Normal" or not, it happens. ;)

I agree

New Threads

Top Bottom