• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Relief from depression and the fatigue it causes... Any suggestions?

Maybe it is my drug or my escape, but its also my temporary freedom. I think it does release adrenaline and other endorphins and chemicals. There has to be some biological change taking place and their has to be a change going back to my normal messed up self. So yes, I do think you might be right, but I don't think it hurts me in anyway... If anything it lets me know that at least for a little while I can feel free.

Interesting Chance, I'm similar in my quest for thrills. Although mine tend to be tamer as in cycling really fast and rarely, some free climbing, snow mobile craziness. It's occurred to me in the past, that when I had contact with bio family there were lots of emotional ups and downs, drama, shouting, screaming, it was the way I grew up.

Now that my life is relatively quiet and peaceful, I used to early on, crave or had become habituated to the drama roller coaster. So I attempted to recreate it in my own life. Living one way for so long makes it seem somewhat normal. But it doesn't make it good for you, it may be habitual on my part, to do those things. But over years I've done them less. Somehow I have a less of a need to do so.

Interesting Chance, I'm similar in my quest for thrills. Although mine tend to be tamer as in cycling really fast and rarely, some free climbing, snow mobile craziness. It's occurred to me in the past, that when I had contact with bio family there were lots of emotional ups and downs, drama, shouting, screaming, it was the way I grew up.

Now that my life is relatively quiet and peaceful, I used to early on, crave or had become habituated to the drama roller coaster. So I attempted to recreate it in my own life. Living one way for so long makes it seem somewhat normal. But it doesn't make it good for you, it may be habitual on my part, to do those things. But over years I've done them less. Somehow I have a less of a need to do so.
It just came to me adrenal fatigue !think I've got it but doctors don't officially recognise it. I think it's root is overproduction of adrenaline,lack of b vits ,my diet is not great
My adrenaline rush walking fast and having anxiety at the same time coupled with chocolate .
Glad I never started with formula one racing =( it effected me for the second I heard and saw it in Monaco, didn't want to end up quadraplegic or para plegic

You should learn to never ask what I like to do : ) because its insane!
You know how they say we get obsessed and all chatty and lights up with one certain thing...
I have mine and have had it all my life... Cars, really fast ones.

This ASD freak loves drag racing, not sitting in the stands, but sitting behind the wheel of this beast that is about to shoot me 140-160 mph down a narrow strip of oh so smooth road with concrete barriers on both sides... We also have auto cross also but I get disoriented if they put too many tight turns in the race layout, so I suck pretty bad at that most the time. I have to spend too long trying to get myself back from the nauseous hell it sends me into. I think its an inner ear thing. Its like sea sick without the rough seas.

But I do like more normal things like reading, writing, playing golf, or baseball, and working out when I can get the energy and motivation going to do so. Thanks for the good information. : )[/QUOTE

Not "insane" in the slightest :)
I can recall the thrill of feeling and controlling a vehicle at speed. Anticipating physical forces on the vehicle at speed and taking it through turns stabilised-ish. Holding my breath in anticipation of the near side tyres leaving the ground on a bend, and smiling to myself when they didn't. In addition to other big adrenaline hit senarios.
It was a massive rush.

I avoid those 'rushes' because it takes too long to come down and level out and affects everyone around me. (Whilst leveling out)
I miss them though :)

My reply above is within your quote @Chance.
Not sure what I've done to make that happen but you will have to expand your quote to read my reply :)

It does take time to readjust and sometimes its like going from this "high" to a slow slump and then it all eventually levels back out... but for now its worth it : )

Local honey will have the allergens in your area in it, that. Has been processed by the bees, which can also relieve allergies.

Thank-you Alaska, I've been using raw honey for some time, but it's not local. It may help with my allergies to use local honey.

Please stay safe.. and if the power goes (which it prolly will) After it comes back please pop back on and say your ok... We ran a load of relief supplies down south this weekend and it's just heartbreaking. Harvey wiped out everything I connected with Port Arkansas. Places I remember as a kid are just gone. Even the water tower collapsed. So, I am an emotional mess with you wanting to stay. If you say you will be okay I trust that : ) just please let us know your okay... I will be waiting to hear from you : )

The whole state is under the hurricane watch and warning now.
We are being told by the government of the state to ride it out if you don't live in a mandatory evac zone.
I don't, but, surrounded by one.
Today all highways leading north were bumper to bumper trying to get off the Florida peninsula.
The southern tip from Miami across to Naples and the Keys were evacuated. Millions on the roads going north.
Today the middle section of the state is to evacuate or go to shelters unless you are in that no evac zone.
So, we have supplies and hurricane lanterns. Spent the day gathering any loose items around the pool and backyard. The whole back of the house is glass because of the beautiful view, but, don't want anything loose.
Had two dead trees cut yesterday outback that were lightening struck earlier in the year so they aren't a potential problem. But, who knows what will break or fly through the air.
Yes, it is much bigger than Katrina or Harvey. 185 mph sustained winds. It will totally cover the state when it hits. So, time to "hunker down".
Will keep you guys informed as long as possible.
Thanks to all for caring.

forgot vaseline around your nose it prevents you inhaling every particle
strange you say starts ib autumn i suffered with a cold after hay fever season every year in autumn
This is what I’ve started doing, but with my scarf around it for extra precaution. Wouldn’t trust just Vaseline on its own.

This is what I’ve started doing, but with my scarf around it for extra precaution. Wouldn’t trust just Vaseline on its own.
if you can eat raw food diet (fruit and vegetables )for about half of the week especially while it is hot as you will benefit from the minerals from vegetables!,it will detoxify you of the histamine which will make your allergies worse ,it also relieves eczema! but don't !do it if you are going to be exercising ! as in high impact aerobics !running! you need a lot of calories for that !,especially eat apples and bell peppers they have a chemical called quercetin that is supposed to relieve allergies ,when you come off the raw food diet have cheese it has a chemical that AIDS the immune system.
to prove how good the raw food diet is ,my mother had dysentery and it healed that.
but she used only grapes and that was for nearly a month.!

New Threads

Top Bottom