• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Religion shaming

Sadly for some, anything short of total conversion into a state of fanatical belief will always be considered "attacking", "denouncing", and "shaming" any particular religion.

Me: "But what did the writer actually mean when he said, 'Thou Shalt . . .'"

He: "BLASPHEMER!! HEATHEN!! GET THEE BEHIND ME!!"

Me: <backs away slowly>

I connect to real people just fine. I don't connect to imaginary beings at all and I don't understand the need to. I really wish there was a way to hide the religious area from the new posts feed.
Is there a new rule that everyone is forced to agree to comment in the religion section? I don't come here 7 days a week 12 months of the year

@dadko20 I like the sincerity of your posts in this thread. I have never seen your name before on this forum. I don't venture out much beyond here.

I liked this forum and stayed away from others that seemed to judge autistics like by the questions asked on actual Christian forums. Using code names for autistics, come on. Not safe or welcoming to stay.
Some forums I would not give time of day. Some you say it is not everywhere you are intended to go as a Christian let's say.
Sometimes rarely you may see things you wish you never. What would Jesus do and what would Jesus say for his followers. We all have our issues here and our trying. But if there is a prescence at times would it thought somewhere to continue if Christanity as well is not being respected.

I came back to edit, too late. It is not just code names, other religious Christian forums tend not to accept autism and want to cure it. We do have something special here at times for sure. Sometimes you even though when things can get challenging here think what would Jesus do.
You look at the impact on you when things may get stressful. I think I will remain thankful for it existing but respect and staying away from bad prescences are paramount as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom