• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Saying hello to the community. Not being shy, just saying Hi

STR

I guess this is the right place to start. I'm a middle-aged male who has always known there was something "different" about me, but never knew why. The research I have done on AS over the past few years finally resolved my confusion.

Not sure why I'm posting on this forum, other than that I struggle to make friends in "real life" and am always looking for a fulfilling online social outlet...

Welcome to AC. It's a good place to learn about yourself through learning about others here.

In as individualized as our traits, behaviors and comorbidity might be it's always interesting to see how much we have in common with each other. Especially when some of us have spent a lifetime of pain and frustration feeling like we're all alone.

Especially when some of us have spent a lifetime of pain and frustration feeling like we're all alone.

Yeah. It was exciting and validating to learn that my past behaviors and struggles could be attributed to an actual syndrome shared by other people, and that I wasn't just making things up.

Yeah. It was exciting and validating to learn that my past behaviors and struggles could be attributed to an actual syndrome shared by other people, and that I wasn't just making things up.

It is an amazing feeling to be able to put it altogether and have it make total sense. :)

I guess this is the right place to start. I'm a middle-aged male who has always known there was something "different" about me, but never knew why. The research I have done on AS over the past few years finally resolved my confusion.

Not sure why I'm posting on this forum, other than that I struggle to make friends in "real life" and am always looking for a fulfilling online social outlet...
Welcome to AC. For many of us, it has become a second home, or even a 'real' home is a world that is, otherwise, baffling. Here, you will find Aspies of every size, shape, age, colour & nationality you can imagine. Some are regulars who pop in throughout the day, whereas others seem to drift in & out as it suits them. All are welcome & I hope you feel free to jump right in.

Hi, STR. I'm not that active on this Forum but as a 50 yo Aspie who got diagnosed late in life, I relate.

I went thru a period of depression & then anger after I learned my diagnosis - anger toward psychiatrists who misdiagnosed me & then depression for feeling isolated.

I'm now 52 & had time to process this - & to confront my past psychiatrists who misdiagnosed me. (They all now include Asperger's syndrome as part of their intake, whereas before, it did not exist.)

There's also good news! Once you take the time to learn about being on the spectrum, you'll be able to forgive yourself for past regrets. That's my experience but I'm more autistic than most. That is, I really struggle with facial recognition & social problems, & I have a weird stim. :-) but once I learned the truth, I found my gift (which is equally weird & won't make me rich) but...I'm strangely contented now, knowing whom I am.

Give it time & I suspect you'll blossom with the new knowledge.

New Threads

Top Bottom