• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sigma males

Are you a Sigma Male/Female?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pardon?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jonn

V.I.P Member
Why Sigma Males Have Few or No Friends (The Bitter Truth).You might not admit it, but if you're a Sigma male, chances are you don't have many real friends. You might be wondering why this is, especially when you know you're an intelligent and capable person. While it's normal to feel that moment when you really want that friend who thinks like you, not everyone has the same opinion about friendship.Many people believe that Sigma men don't have many friends because they refuse to follow the crowd. While this can be true in some cases, it's not always the reason. There are also some deeper psychological reasons why Sigma men have few or no friends. Let's take a look at twelve of the most important ones.

I used to think I was an Omega Male.
Apparently, I am actually a Sigma Male. :cool:
I think this could be said of many males on the spectrum, also. 💡

If I wanted a label, I might pursue things like:

The Responsible Male

image.jpeg

The Compassionate Male

image.png

Or, The Open/Inquisitive Male

image.jpeg

As I said, males on the spectrum seems to fit the bill.
I can't speak for women, since I am not one...
...the last time I checked...🤔

It's hard for me to see how intelligence can lead to lack of friends. That didn't seem to be a problem for Jesus, Buddha, or Socrates.
Contrary to popular belief, I am an intelligent person despite the jokes, yet I have few friends.
This fits in with the man-made person-made construct of being a Sigma Males.
Also, as with autism, a Sigma Male would probably be on a spectrum.

Part of the definition of a Sigma Male, based on one video, is being well organised, something I am definitely not.
Part of being Autistic often, if not usually, means having difficulty looking into ppl's eyes, having sensitivity to sound or light or tactile experiences, something I definitely don't have.
This is not a binary/black&white situation.

"When you meet one Sigma Male, you have met one Sigma Male." :cool:

Sounds like me heh
I didn't include women bc I just happened on the concept of "Sigma" "now".
I have never come across this before.
I saw myself as an Omega Male previously.
I am DEFINITELY not an Alpha Male and have less than no interest in being one, which interestingly, is another aspect of being a Sigma Male. :eek:

How often do you check that? :D
Once a month...
It keeps on shrinking, but I am OK with that.
I am comfortable with my non-sexuality, which interestingly, is part of being a Sigma Male.
I.E. Being very self-confident. :cool:

Id probably like to think it's me choosing not to have friends but likelihood is I'm incapable of connecting, even if we have shared interests. I connect okay with some other autistics.

@Jonn

IMO "YouTube Sigma Males" aren't really a thing. They're just a niche for getting attention for videos. But it's a niche based on the protagonist of a "Hero's Journey", not on anything/anyone real.

They're presented as highly successful, independent, and self-contained. Which is definitely a thing, and there might be an overlap with ASD.

But certainly neither "All/Most/Many Sigma are ASD" nor "All/Most/Many ASD males are Sigmas" is true.

BTW there's no such thing as an actual human Alpha Male in the sense that e.g. Chimps and Gorillas have Alphas.
YouTube's Alphas are the "Handsome Prince" from fairly tales.

The Hero achieves greatness, but often at the cost of a normal life. The Handsome Prince gets their position "free", and has one adventure that doesn't actually change much, then retires.
It's the male version of a "girl boss", which is why they don't turn up in male-centric stories much.

And also a hint as to why using a girl-boss (like Guyladriel) as the main protagonist of a male-centric style of story fails so consistently. It's funny to watch for a while, but that kind of accidental comedy gets boring fast.

The "pseudo-Hero" of RoP is Sauron, who's an irredeemably boring "selfish bad-boy" archetype.
A story can be based around a villain OFC, but then they have to be cool, like Heath Ledger's Joker (until he became too self-referential).

Last edited:
Written by Andy Summers, the guitarist. Sting would be a stereotype of an 'alpha'. Stewart Copeland is a strong character too, and they butted heads. All 3 contributed to song writing to some extent, which made the band very interesting.

Written by Andy Summers, the guitarist, interestingly. Sting would be a stereotype of an 'alpha'. Stewart Copeland is fairly 'alpha' too, and they butted heads.

I always thought this song sounded a lot like early XTC, specifically Drums and Wires. They both played some shows together early in their careers.

(well, enough derailing from me :))

-They don't play the social rules.
-Sigmas walk alone through choice.
-The solitude is a deliberate choice.
-They are idependence and self-reliant.
-they value solitude to centre themselves and to maintain inner peace.
-They have a strong sense of personal boundaries.
-They protect their energy, or personal space, and they enforce these boundaries with a quiet but firm resolve.
-This isn't done with harshness, but a respectful assertiveness.
-They commit to these boundaries, no matter the social pressure around them.
-They aren't driven by the need for attention or recognition.
Different videos have different interpretations, but there are commonalities.

New Threads

Top Bottom