• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Some of my Shots from South Africa

The Rhino's are dehorned every year, the decision was made after a few horrific poaching incidents to try and protect them

So they cut the rhinos horn off to prevent people from killing them to cut their horns off? Something about that solution is so very human. 🤔

Last edited:
These are amazing. I can't wait to show my daughter. She still loves wearing the snakeskin pendant you crafted for her a couple years ago.

These are so beautiful.
The clarity of the animals is so distinct you can see the fur, skin and creases in such detail. Amazing.

You are very talented in photography. Thanks for sharing. Really enjoy!
Yes. We need the winner rating.
👍🏆

So they cut the rhinos horn off to prevent people from killing them to cut their horns off? Something about that solution is so very human. 🤔
Pretty much, yeah. Although what the poachers do is definitely not human. The poachers will shoot the animals to take them down but this doesn't always kill them. They'll then sever the spinal chord with a machete so they can't run away and hack there faces off alive then leave them to die. It's pretty brutal. The vet assisted removal of the horn is a fairly quick and painless process at least, although it would be better if they weren't such a target to poachers at all.
49707678266_b791660a84_z.jpg

I took that image some years ago, unfortunately a few more skulls had been added to the memorial since then, which prompted the dehorning measures. On the right was Winnie, she was pregnant at the time and you can see what the poachers did to her face.

New Threads

Top Bottom