• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sometimes most recent posts don't show up in my posting history

Misty Avich

I have ADHD
V.I.P Member
I've literally just posted two posts in two different threads like 5 minutes ago, but when I went to my posting history to read what I'd just posted, they weren't there - even after refreshing the page a couple of times.

Here's a screenshot.

1000003137.png

It's not too much of a big deal but sometimes it makes me think a mod has come along and removed my post or something, as that often happens even when you aren't sure how your posts have broken any rules. That's why every time a post gets removed the mods should always notify you and provide a reason, just so that you don't get confused when trying to find a post that has mysteriously disappeared.

I can assure you that no moderator or any admin has removed your posts so far today.

@Misty Avich :

You might also consider hitting the reload button on your browser prior to looking up your earlier posts. Which might explain why some don't show up in the most immediately cached session.

I've made use of hitting that reload button for years on any web browser for much of anything.

Last edited:
@Misty Avich :

You might also consider hitting the reload button on your browser prior to looking up your earlier posts. Which might explain why some don't show up in the most immediately cached session.

I've made use of hitting that reload button for years on any web browser for much of anything.
Where is the reload button? Is it the same as the refresh button?

Where is the reload button? Is it the same as the refresh button?
One and the same...though different browsers call it by either term. Usually denoted with a circular shaped arrow pointing clockwise.

Another reason why I like Firefox, as it allows me to place that icon to the right if I choose rather than the left, which has always annoyed me.

I did point out in bold in my OP that I hit the refresh button.
Do you occasionally purge your browser cache as well ?

Most users don't bother....which can impact performance over time of programs like a forum.

Check to see if you have your browser set up to automatically purge your cache after each session. Do so can also free up a tremendous amount of disk space over time.

Last edited:
Do you occasionally purge your browser cache as well ?

Most users don't bother....which can impact performance over time of programs like a forum.

Check to see if you have your browser set up to automatically purge your cache after each session. Do so can also free up a tremendous amount of disk space over time.
Sometimes but then my phone forgets all my passwords when I do that.

Sometimes but then my phone forgets all my passwords when I do that.
See in your phone/browser menu if you can separately save passwords while purging your cache.

Sometimes it's also necessary to occasionally purge a cache in the event it involves some kind of corruption of data. Though I can't say for sure that may be the case.

Last edited:
The new site they use for Autismforums is kinda laggy.

Nearly every time I post a comment, it won't show up on the site for several minutes. Sometimes like ten minutes pass and then the comment will appear.

It's not you. It's not the staff. It's just the way this new site works.

I've never had that problem but for me the site will freeze or lock up for a minute or so and when that happens it's a 50/50 chance wether or not my post has been saved when the page finally does reload. I learned to always wait when that happens, and reload the page again as well.

The content of my post will still be in the edit window underneath if it didn't go through, and sometimes that content will still be there even though my post did go through. If I click the Post button a second time it will then post a second copy.

I'm using Firefox in Linux so it probably behaves a little differently to what most of you use, the web address that it always hangs on when this happens is cloudmetrics.xenforo.com.

New Threads

Top Bottom