• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Teach me

lunarious

Aspergers - Scout
V.I.P Member
Is there anyone whom wants to help others learn Webdesign or/and Graphic Design? Through cPanel i'm trying to structure my life here (www.forum.projectregial.one).

I'm also trying to learn Karate through internet, does someone want to help?

I'm also trying to learn Guitar, lately by myself. Does anyone want to help?

I could share tricks, as .. you know; Autist. I know a little/much Arabic, Norwegian, English. I had background as Electrnoucian...

I'm an old school html web page creator. I use a basic word processor to write the html

I'm an old school html web page creator. I use a basic word processor to write the html
Hi, i knew HTML and CSS too, but i say knew in past because I got disconnected from this Webdesign activity by Force from Health department.

So there's a gap between the current now and the past, as in advancement in technology.

Regarding your first post/question here i mean Electronician, i wasn't very good either.

Many years ago I used Homesite 4.1 myself. Didn't create code on the fly per se, but it sped up the process of hand-coding in a number of ways. A fancy text-editor.

I hated products like Dreamweaver and Adobe GoLive. Allowed people to create websites without really understanding any markup or scripting. But in the process they created horribly bloated code. It still remember "GoLive" being touted at the Seybold Show in San Francisco back in the late 90s.

I stopped doing web work around 2008 and never got back into it. Looks like it's abandonware now.

HSite1.gif

Last edited:
Many years ago I used Homesite 4.1 myself. Didn't create code on the fly per se, but it sped up the process of hand-coding in a number of ways. A fancy text-editor.

I hated products like Dreamweaver and Adobe GoLive.

I stopped doing web work around 2008 and never got back into it. Looks like it's abandonware now.

HSite1.gif
I don't know if i was lucky and God guided me to cPanel. But "click and create" or maybe what's called GUI websites as Wix.com makes me feel a loser in the field of Webdesign. I haven't tried Wix so don't ask me about it.

But if you want to make a website again, after you quit 2008, you may want to do cPanel.

cPanel is ... a control Panel that offers GUI and Coding for the advanced. So they got me covered or got my back.

I don't know if i was lucky and God guided me to cPanel. But "click and create" or maybe what's called GUI websites as Wix.com makes me feel a loser in the field of Webdesign. I haven't tried Wix so don't ask me about it.

But if you want to make a website again, after you quit 2008, you may want to do cPanel.

cPanel is ... a control Panel that offers GUI and Coding for the advanced. So they got me covered or got my back.
If I were to return to coding, I'd want to do most of it by hand...if that's even relevant. But frankly I'm up to my eyeballs in Linux right now...content to leave it at that. Though it would be amusing if I could run Homesite in Linux Mint 21.3 using Wine 9.0. I use that to run A Windows version of Photoshop 5.5 in Linux that runs better than in Windows 10...lol.

I'm "Old School" as well. Probably considered an anachronism these days. :cool:

Last edited:
If I were to return to coding, I'd want to do most of it by hand...if that's even relevant. But frankly I'm up to my eyeballs in Linux right now...content to leave it at that. Though it would be amusing if I could run Homesite in Linux Mint 21.3 using Wine 9.0. I use that to run A Windows version of Photoshop 5.5 in Linux that runs better than in Windows 10...lol.

I'm "Old School" as well. Probably considered an anachronism these days. :cool:
I'm considering learning www.codeacademy.com

Edit:
I'm up to my eyeballs in Linux right now
I don't understand what this expression means. What does lick my eyeballs mean?

I'm considering learning www.codeacademy.com

Edit:

I don't understand what this expression means. What does lick my eyeballs mean?
"Up to my eyeballs" means one is preoccupied with something. (Anything)

In my case most of the serious computing I do has something to do with either graphics (Photoshop) or Linux (Mint 21.3 and Pop!OS22.04).

Start with learning a solid understanding of typography. It’s very important and can make or break a design.

I gave you thumb up after i googled "typography", and it was
the art or procedure of arranging type or processing data and printing from it.
Typography is the art or procedure of
1. arranging type
2. processing data and
3. printing from
4. it (number 1)

I learned this when i entered Web and Graphic Design Course. Before that i was bad Electronician.

Still trying to figure out what an Electronician is.
The difference between an Electronician and Electrician according to my teacher, upon this question: An electronician operates under 50 Volt. And Electrician operates with High Voltage.

Both Electronicians and Electricians use Ohms Law.

I gave you thumb up after i googled "typography", and it was

Typography is the art or procedure of
1. arranging type
2. processing data and
3. printing from
4. it (number 1)

I learned this when i entered Web and Graphic Design Course. Before that i was bad Electronician.

Not sure how much was taught but sounds like a great start!

Thought of this book after I posted. It’s a fairly well known one that’s helpful.

I’m guessing that course gave an overview of the principles of design? Those are important along with typography.

Did that course talk about the various Adobe programs and which are used for different types of design projects?

Also, outside of foundations and software, I recommend that you become familiar with some famous graphic designers, past and present. The reason is, it can help you learn what makes good design. For starters, check out the design firm Pentagram. They are a juggernaut in the design world and the lead designers are individually pretty famous as well.

(Sorry if this info dumping, I’m just pretty trained in design so I want to try to share basically a shortened version of what I learned to help you)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom