• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Footwear Question

Prefer no shoes or cute flat sandals when it's hot, but most of the time have to wear thick fluffy socks at home and Dr Marten/Frye boots outside most of the time, since I inherited terrible circulation from my mother (along with plenty of AS-related things). Size UK 7, if anyone's that interested!

One thing I've noticed getting older: Shoe sizes change. My feet have grown or spread out or something. Now I wear a US size 8-8.5, and that's a full size larger than I wore when I was younger.

I prefer to wear socks in all weather conditions. I've got a thing about keeping my feet clean. I like very comfortable shoes. Typically, I wear flats or very low and wide heels. I like slip on sandals at home. I wear boots in the winter and sort of Birkenstock-type sandals or athletic shoes in the summer. You can't get me into a pair of spiked heels at gunpoint now. I'm built for comfort. :cool:

I wear a 7-7 1/2. You can mostly find me in Converses and ballet flats, but I also wear boots and wedges. I am not fond of running sneakers, sandals, and flip flops.

Size 13. I wear boots most of the time, lace up boots. I broke my ankle when I was young and need the support of the boots laced tight around my ankle. I do not like to be barefooted, feels very uncomfortable. I have dress shoes, but after a few hours in them I start limping.

Most of the time I wear flip flops like all the locals.
Casual or sports, I tend to wear New Balance as they are the only brand I have found that offer a width fit, and are good quality and comfortable.
I have a better pair of soft brown leather shoes for formal. Prior to buying them I'd tried a range of cheaper stiffer options that inevitably bit me.

New Threads

Top Bottom