• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Sandwich Thread

I have an on-again, off-again relationship with sandwiches. I loved them as a kid, got bored with them in my teens, flirted only with the more exotic ones in my twenties, wouldn't touch one in my thirties, but now a good sandwich is a joy and a staple of my diet. Sometime I should compare my sandwich history with Erik Erikson's life stages and see if there's some weird correlation.

I don't usually order sandwiches in restaurants, except at diners. A classic BLT or grilled cheese, tomato and bacon sandwich can be better than sex at the right little hole-in-the-wall or truckstop cafe, if the bacon is crispy and the toast is just right. A good "greasy spoon" meatloaf or liverwurst-and-oinon sandwich can hit my foodie G-spot, too. And a piled-high Reuben at a Jewish deli (not a kosher one, since I like Swiss on mine) with a side of green pickles is zeyer geshmak!

NTgirl4276, I hear you on the last few bites of a multi-layered masterpiece. Waiting for everyone to be distracted so I can ungracefully stuff the rest in my mouth is a drag, but I hate to let good sammich entrails go to waste! (Ooh. "Entrails" doesn't sound very appetizing.:confused:)

So long as it had corned beef and sauerkraut, it was a Ruben. I prefer mine with Balsamic Vinaigrette and smoked Provolone cheese rather than the thousand island dressing and Swiss that is traditional.

Ah, wonderful. I don't know about vinaigrette, but vinegar is one of my favorite things, especially balsamic

Ah, wonderful. I don't know about vinaigrette, but vinegar is one of my favorite things, especially balsamic

Mix 2oz Balsamic vinegar with 4oz good, extra virgin olive oil (a nice fruity flavored oil) add a pinch of black pepper, a dash od salt and, two pinched of granulate garlic. Wisk that up and try it on sandwiches, salads, cooked greens, etc..

I'm normally too lazy to make sandwiches (or eat lunch at all) but on the rare occasions when I make the effort, it will either be a cheese sandwich fried in butter, or a smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber sandwich. Yum.

Umm sandwiches, chopped egg with mayo and gherkins, chicken with lettuce mayo and sweet pickle. Cream cheese with herbs on a bagel, tomatoes from my garden with lettuce and bacon and mayo on toasted whole wheat. Panini with brie and apricots, meat loaf sandwiches with mustard, peanut butter with potato chips.

Can't write about sandwiches any more, the power of the sandwich thread is such that I now have to make one.

Last edited:
Mix 2oz Balsamic vinegar with 4oz good, extra virgin olive oil (a nice fruity flavored oil) add a pinch of black pepper, a dash od salt and, two pinched of granulate garlic. Wisk that up and try it on sandwiches, salads, cooked greens, etc..
Ah, thank you! I will do that sometime soon

I've been making sandwiches with summer veggies: grilled summer squash, green onion, just picked tomatoes, and Gruyere cheese on sourdough.

New Threads

Top Bottom