• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Unique bands

You can tell their heart wasnt in the rerecording, apart from Johnson who kills it to be fair. Ive had the same problem with capturing live performance in an unispiring setting. Sounds so dry.
I think the US record companies would have described it as "more polished". To us it sounded false, plastic, sterile.

Men At Work - Be Good Johnny
I never thought much of the video clip but the song describes ADHD fairly well:

Yothu Yindi. A lot of very talented musicians have come from remote communities in Australia, and although it was a political hot potato at the time this song became a huge hit and there were also several dance mixes made of it. I prefer the original:

Kaizers Orchestra is pretty unique I think. The devil made their instruments, but the lord made their suits. ;) This one is called "Funeral Polka"

Last edited:
I think the most 'unique' band I like is Primus, and I don't even listen to them all that much.

Even some of the crazier electronic, metal or noise rock bands I like are really just a dime a dozen. There are certain pioneers in a lot of musical spaces but I often find myself listening to later revisions and newer (albeit copycat) bands riffing off of older ideas. Every once in a while I realize that a band I like actually pushed the musical needle forward and became a small part of actual music history and I usually think, "Wow, I actually like an influential band for once" :D

New Threads

Top Bottom