• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Unique Interests

I was a quintessential burgeoning nerd at around the age of 5 or 6. My intense interest at that age in all things electrical and electronic in nature set me on my life path. I had a need to know how things worked. I gave myself a vey dangerous electrical shock with a record player that I took apart while it was still plugged in to the wall socket (hay I was only 5 or 6 at the time so....). My other lifelong passion was and is physical puzzles. Relatives would buy them as quick birthday presents and most were disappointed at how quickly I managed to solve them all. I guess the combination of those two interests led me to a good living as a computer-program bug-hunter and creator of enhancements.

I have a lot of other deep interests that were never exploited for personal gain and those may be classified as being either in the arts or in science. You never now what things you are proficient at until you spend years working through just one interest, and interests have a habit of shifting and mutating. It is the ones that persist that will give one inroads to a satisfying and interesting life; in my distinctly uninformed opinion.

I love math. I also love wordplay and anagrams. If there are songs, poems, or passages of text that I really like, I memorize them.

Any time you see me sitting still and not visibly stimming, you can be sure that I'm doing math in my head, or finding anagrams of the last big word used in the conversation, or reciting something to myself. I may appear to be fitting in and paying attention, but I'm actually off in my own little StimWorld.

Music boxes. I’ve always been fascinated by them. I’ve been collecting them since I was four. There are over 100 of them in my collection and it keeps growing.

New Threads

Top Bottom