• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Upcoming games you are excited about

Mono

I wanted to start a topic on Little Nightmares 3 and Reanimal, but I wasn't sure if topics about separate games were allowed. Then I figured it would be a better idea to just start a general topic about upcoming games we are excited about. Here goes:

Little Nightmares 3
Little Nightmares 1 and 2 are among my all-time favorite games. Its Swedish developer, Tarsier Studios, was acquired by Embracer Group. Sadly though, publisher Bandai Namco owns Little Nightmares. Which means that Tarsier could no longer work on the series. Part 3 is being developed by Supermassive Games, who are responsible for the enhanced edition of Little Nightmares 2. It looks good to me and I am hopeful, but I guess time will tell if they 'get it right'. No official release date yet, it was recently postponed until somewhere next year.

"In Little Nightmares III, you follow the journey of Low & Alone, as they search for a path that could lead them out of the Nowhere. Face your childhood fears together with a friend in online co-op, or in solo with an AI companion."

Reanimal
A new and original game by Tarsier Studios, which was announced just yesterday. I could not be happier that it seems to be another horror-style platformer. Though to me it looks way scarier than Little Nightmares. They may no longer be bound by the Teen rating, I'd be all for it. No rating or release date yet. Supposedly, it will have local and multiplayer co-op. Personally I prefer to play these types of games solo, though. I'm now actually way more excited for this game than for Little Nightmares 3, but happy we are getting both!

"The creators of Little Nightmares I & II have returned to take you on a darker, more terrifying journey than ever before. In this horror adventure game, a brother & sister go through hell to rescue their missing friends and escape the island that they used to call home."

I have been hoping for Fable IV for years, so even though I was underwhelmed by the trailer.
Civ 7 looks better than Civ 6. Wukong looks good but I'm kind of burnt out on action games.

I've learned over time to just ignore trailers for the most part, as any company big enough to put one out, probably has me distrusting it just by default. I dont really do AAA games anyway and dont care about graphics really, so... yeah, trailers dont serve any function as far as I'm concerned.

Which means I usually have no bloody idea what's upcoming and cant be bothered to find out. Generally, I'll find out something exists shortly after it releases.

The only exceptions is if the game in question is related to some already existing thing that I have enough interest in to allow its news updates to show up in my Steam library feed. Even then there's a good chance I'll miss it, I dont check that feed very often.

Right now the only game that falls into the "I know it's coming and actually care about it" category is Streets of Rogue 2. Probably the first time in the last 10 years I've been actually excited for a game that isnt out yet. Though it helps that it's like, only 2 months away. Any longer than that and I'd not care yet, probably.

I guess there's also the Factorio expansion, I do know that's coming, but as I've never managed to launch the bloody rocket so far, there's little point in buying that.

The only other thing I'm currently aware of is a "remaster" of Goat Simulator, I am quite fond of that game, but at the same time, I dont understand the purpose of remasters, so I'll probably ignore that. I already have the original game.

uhhhh.... yeah that's all I'm aware of at the moment.

I am looking forward to GTAVI on the PS5, PS6 and PS7, alongside the remasters of Skyrim that will never stop being produced.

Not sure yet how quotes work, I prefer to edit them as to not include the full quote. Apologies if it goes awry. But Misery, I'm with you on ignoring trailers for the most part. In fact, I dismiss 95% of new games by just looking at a screenshot or two. It's mostly style that tends to interest me. For the games I listed though, I only know of them because I kept an eye on their developers :)
Edit: Quoting went wrong, not sure how it works yet.

Not sure yet how quotes work

Oh, for that, just highlight the text you want to quote, and then a couple of options pop up. If you hit "+quote" it adds it to the funky multi-quote thing (the button will then appear for that) or if you just hit "reply" it just directly drops the highlighted text into the reply box here. Pretty easy, so you dont have to quote the whole post and then delete little bits of it. Steam does that one, I hate that.

In fact, I dismiss 95% of new games by just looking at a screenshot or two.

Yeah, that's usually how it goes for me.

It can be annoying to browse for new stuff though. I mostly use Steam, and the storefront page is... not the best. I tend to just find new games through the activity feed. Heck if I know how everyone on my friends list is managing to find cool stuff... particularly niche things... but it makes for a nice conveyor belt of possible choices.

On the other hand there's the digital stores for the consoles, which... honestly I dont have the patience for that half the time.

Oh, for that, just highlight the text you want to quote, and then a couple of options pop up.
Hey, I got it :) Thank you kindly for your help!

Pretty easy, so you dont have to quote the whole post and then delete little bits of it.
LOL, that's what I've been doing for as long as I can remember using forums :) This will take some getting used to, but I mean that in a good way.

It can be annoying to browse for new stuff though.
I agree. If the game cover looks interesting to me, then I will check a few screenshots. Nine out of ten times, it's another hard no for me. That's why these days I mostly replay favorites and keep an eye out for specific developer's next titles.

STALKER 2 - Holiday in Ukraine. (that's my subtitle, btw!)
Who could resist a first person dystopian SciFi game of such pedigree, involving mad science, zombies, otherworldly powers, factions competing for who're the maddest, various deadly weapons in a range of delicious flavours, secret bunkers far creepier than anything in Fallout, and the chance to visit Chernobyl NPP? Roll on November!

I haven't been excited about a new game in years.

I'm sure sometime within the next 5 years someone will come out with the next engineering sandbox and I'll be all over it, but that's pretty much all I care about these days. Even Factorio gets to a point where I start questioning my life's decisions when I'm researching ratios and optimization strategies on their Wiki page, like I'm doing something that shifts my priorities away from real-world tasks and just wastes time.

Or, for all I know, I'll get hooked on some precision platformer for a few hours. Super Meat Boy Forever was actually kind of cool until I ragequit on the last boss, so I'd be up for another experience like that again. But I'd probably be just as happy to replay it, too; it doesn't have to be a new game to feel new if I've waited a little while.

Legend of Zelda Echoes of Wisdom- I’m really excited for this game and love that the Link’s Awakening art style is being used. I even love how adorable the horses look and I’m usually not the biggest fan of the animal.

Pokémon Legends ZA- I’ve always felt that the sixth generation of Pokémon were incomplete and I hope this game answer the many questions left over from XY.

Astro Bot on PS5, and the new game based on the Alien franchise on PSVR2.
Also the upcoming Mario & Luigi game and Mario Party, but not sure I'll buy either one at launch.

There isn't a whole lot of games I'm super excited about these days. With the way the industry is nowadays, it's hard to get excited for anything. However, if I have to choose, it'll probably be the Fantasy Life sequel (if it'll ever release).

I would say the new Zelda and Mario and Luigi games, but I'm not that big into Nintendo anymore and I find the new games to be rather off putting, imo. Not a fan of the chibi style with the new Zelda along with it being inspired by BOTW and TOTK. As for Mario and Luigi, I'm afraid it won't be as good as what Alpha Dream put out.

The only AAA release I'm looking forward to is Monster Hunter Wilds. Nothing else has piqued my interest in terms of that.

There is a game called Shadow of the Road, which is a samurai CRPG developed by Another Angle and published by Owlcat (Owlcat developed the 2 Pathfinder CRPGs as well as Rogue Trader). It is a AA video game. I've been more interested in games being released by indie studios or small publishers rather than these AAA publisher games.

I've been following new games lately (for a non-gaming reason).

The most well-received major game this year has been "Black Myth: Wukong". Well over 10 million copies sold in a couple of weeks.

It's single player. Some people call it "Souls-like". That seems to indicate complex combat and relatively high difficulty, so I guess it a gamer's game.

It's Chinese-developed, and set in the world of "Journey to the West" (Classic Chinese novel from the 1500's).

An aside - I also discovered the game I'm least likely to play. It's off-topic here of course, so I won't mention it, but if someone started a suitable thread I'd mention it :)

New Threads

Top Bottom