• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are some normal things you will never do, or never do again?

That’s a hard question lol. Well, I’m never going to spend Christmas with my family again. I know people say never say never, but really, this is something I’ve started doing and will never turn back. If I did, someone would have to come with me. Or any occasion with them!

I'm on the phone right now, trying to help my mother change her wireless router from WEP to WPA2. I can feel my brain bubbling and something crawling under my skin.

Definitely NOT ever doing this again.

I don't think I'll ever be attending a multiple day music festival again, especially not the kind where you sleep in a tent on the festival grounds.Other than that I don't really have anything.

Let's see.
A list of nevers.
I'll try to keep it short.
Easy list for me too,because I have no control over what I'm about to post.

#1 I will never have olfactory function again.
That got broken during my TBI

#2 My left arm will never be able to lift itself above my head.
Refer to #1 for the reason

#3 Never have a day without cognitive fatigue.
Refer to #1 again

#4 Never fully remember things short term without having cues in place to keep my days straight
I think you can recognize a pattern here.

#5 Never cry about how bad I have ever had it.
Yup,you guessed it,been there done that,burned the T shirt.

#6 Never wake up without realizing how good I have it.
I have it great in the biggest picture because I am alive.

#7 Never fail to be amazed how strong the human will to live is when you need it the most.
Been to the other side,but glad my stay there was brief.

#8 Never say that there are no such thing as miracles.
My being here is one I will never forget.

#9 Never give up hope for better times.
Hope is an extremely strong force to be reckoned with.

#10 Never fail to continue my education.
This is a never I recommend for all of us

I hope to never go to a bar, a nightclub, parties, sports events, or anything that involves crowds of people. These are all very unlikely anyway so no worries.

I am going to stick with never say never.....with maybe one exception:

I have told anyone who has ever liked or loved me enough to possibly throw me a surprise party:

If you ever try to throw me a surprise party, I will not participate and I will never forgive you.

I am going to stick with never say never.....with maybe one exception:

I have told anyone who has ever liked or loved me enough to possibly throw me a surprise party:

If you ever try to throw me a surprise party, I will not participate and I will never forgive you.

My parents threw me a sweet sixteen surprise party- I thought I would die of embarrassment. So I'm with you- never ever again.

What even is normal?

This is what I think of:

standard-normal-distribution-6.png

My parents threw me a sweet sixteen surprise party- I thought I would die of embarrassment. So I'm with you- never ever again.

Nobody has ever thrown me a surprise party (thank god).

It's just that when I first realized it was a possibility (however small) that someone might throw me a surprise party, I decided it was imperative I tell people not to...

Best case scenario I would just walk (or run) away from a surprise party without a word (explanations would have to wait). Worst case scenario I would have a meltdown.

I don't like parties (I like people a lot and I want to like parties.....but I really don't and I probably never will); I am overwhelmed and exhausted by the sensory and cognitive demands of group socialization. I generally don't like surprises, either -- it has taken me years to develop the ability to handle unexpected change without completely losing it.

Be a sports fan.
Have kids.
Due to health, hike or run.
Drink or go to clubs.
Travel unless forced to.
Scuba dive.

Well, let's see.

Firstly, I dont drink. Ever. I'm sorry, but I'm not drinking what is effectively a Potion of Stupidity. Makes you slower, dumber, more uncoordinated, AND more gullible for the duration of it's effect? Yeah, I dont think so. Usually, to my perception, it seems like one of the real reasons why people even drink the stuff at all is because it's basically them saying "Wooo! Look everyone, see how social and acceptable I am! Like me because of it!". Which may explain why it occurs that much more frequently in group situations (and I know a couple of people who NEVER touch the stuff... unless they're around too many others. Facepalm/desk/door/tree)

I also refuse to be around anyone that's had any. It's really irritating. No, I dont care if they think they're being social and friendly. They can go shove off, until it's worn off. AKA they can go away and come back next week. If they dont like that, maybe they should have thought things through a bit more. I make my dislike of the whole thing exceedingly obvious.

I dont bother with small talk. Dont CARE.

Dont watch sports. Again, dont care.

I dont go to parties. Waste of bloody time. I dont like people in general MOST of the time, so why would I want to go hang out in a really concentrated group of them? I'll stay here with the dog, thanks.

I dont work a job. Used to, many years ago. Havent had to in a long time. As I understand it, that's permanent. I got lucky with that one. It works out well enough: I was bloody terrible at every job I tried, way back when.

I dont go to concerts. They're like some sort of exceedingly loud super-party where everyone is drunk and/or high and it's basically a screamy version of Hell, so I'll pass, thanks.

I dont listen to music, for that matter. Well, not music with lyrics, anyway. It gets in the way of the, well, actual musical part. Usually this means all I have are soundtracks from games I like. It's all I need. This seems to bother people that are in the car with me at times. Naturally, them mentioning it means I should turn it up a bit.

I dont hug or kiss anyone.

Dont have any interest in romance, either. Just.... no. And I DEFINITELY wont have kids. Just keep the little rodents away from me, thanks.

I dont go to movies. I dont watch movies at home. I outright dont even like movies. Try processing THAT one. Most people cant. They react as if I just sprouted 5 additional heads, one of which is constantly belching cats into the air.

I dont wear jeans. I refuse. I cant stand anything with buttons/snaps. Just... uuugh. Ugh!

Dont go to restaurants. Not because of any social aspect or problems with the food. No, it just takes bloody forever. I could have my blasted meal ready in 2 minutes. Why would I want to drive somewhere, THEN sit for 40 minutes waiting for it?

Go to coffee shops. Oh, dont get me wrong. This isnt a thing against caffiene. I'm *definitely* addicted to the stuff. It's just that I get it from Mountain Dew, not coffee. So.... local gas station it is. Fountain drinks, you see. I either get one in a day or I go crazy. That never ends well for anyone.

Eat hamburgers. Or most meat products. It's not that I have something against meat. It's that it smells *terrible* to me and tastes even worse. Except tuna. Tuna is perfection. Though I'm too lazy to prepare it much of the time (even though I only make sandwiches out of it).

Cook anything. I'm really, REALLY spacey and airheaded. I once tried to open a hotel room door with my car remote... for 5 straight minutes. That's how long it took me to realize what I was doing. No, I'm not making that up. I do confused things like that alot. So... needless to say, me with an oven/stove isnt exactlky the best idea. Most I do is microwave. And even then, only if it can be done in 2 minutes or less.

Potion of stupidity- That's perfect.
I should never make at post at 3AM... But here I am. NEVER SAY NEVER.
I'll never wear jeans, get a coffee or junk food addiction, eat meat on purpose (Darnd you bonito flakes)... Never go to these places on my own initiative: Bar, zoo, sport anything, mall, small boat in the middle of the ocean, steakhouse obviously, and many other places.
But life how it is, I'll end up going to these places, usually because it's worth it to me to please others. I'll just tell myself that it'll be an adventure. .....Yeahhh :disrelieved: :laughing: But as time goes on I become more solid in my dislikes such as the mall. No reason good enough for me to suffer. No.

New Threads

Top Bottom