• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your current obsessions?

finding old music in used record stores [yes there are still a few around] and pawnshops and goodwills and such. I recently found several albums of john klein on the carillon Americana accompanied by orchestra/choir as well as solo. also found a very nice album by laurindo almeida called "classical current-electronic excursions" which is absolute ear candy!:cool: another find was a very rare album by the late jazz harpist daphne hellman.

There is a record shop in Nashville that I frequent that just added a whole new building specifically for their used LPs and CDs. It is heaven and it takes a lot of self-control to not buy them out!

There is a record shop in Nashville that I frequent that just added a whole new building specifically for their used LPs and CDs. It is heaven and it takes a lot of self-control to not buy them out!
Those are not easy to find any more Yay! I want to collect all my favorite albums from youth to put together a time capsule like collection to save to pass down and use the CD's for everyday use:)

Those are not easy to find any more Yay! I want to collect all my favorite albums from youth to put together a time capsule like collection to save to pass down and use the CD's for everyday use:)

Nashville is a pretty magical place as long as you ignore the residents. :biggrin:

lucky you!:cool: where I live [out in the sticks] there are no such things. I have to drive into the next county over an hour away to find such.:sticky_confused:

best to digitize them ASAP as you don't know how long serviceable playback equipment will be around, in addition to having living people who are proficient at turntable/cartridge alignment/repair.:sticky_idea:

best to digitize them ASAP as you don't know how long serviceable playback equipment will be around, in addition to having living people who are proficient at turntable/cartridge alignment/repair.:sticky_idea:

I did that a couple years ago. Just in time to see some of my legacy playback equipment go belly up.

lucky you!:cool: where I live [out in the sticks] there are no such things. I have to drive into the next county over an hour away to find such.:sticky_confused:

Well, the drive to Nashville is an hour and a half each way for me, so I only go for therapy sessions or, as like RIGHT NOW(!) to see a show (which I am waiting for to start).

As far as playback equipment, I don't think CD players are going anywhere. However, I do copy all of my CDs to my computer with XLD in a lossless format.

I mainly become obsessed with people, not in a weird creepy stalker way, but I cross reference a multitude of ways in which you could get to know someone. For example, social media, gossip, intuition, or in person interaction, like their body language and what they talk about. People fascinate me, it's amazing what you can find out if you just observe. After a while I usually get sick of them and just drop the case. But still I love having this bank of knowledge about people, I guess its how i've learnt to cope with having Aspergers. Neurotypical people really seem to admire others who have information about other people, its sad really how the only way to fit in with them is by knowledge, but not the typical intellectual sort, the strange social sort.

My obsession for watching films has also been reawakened again, I usually spend 8 hours a day watching films or tv series. In particular I have a bit of a thing for films starring Michael Cera, theres something about his quirky awkwardness that I can really relate to.

My newest obsession:

Cover songs.

I only listen to cover songs these days. No originals, please (unless it's King Oni's orignals)

Mine seems to be finding ways of making things more efficient in what I do. it doesnt always work out that way though.

Worried that I may have caught my boyfriend's car obsession! As in wanting to modify it and make it look beastly and amazing. But I need to remember that any money you put into your car is ultimately wasted money..so I'll wait til I have a job before doing anything!

Still buying lots of different fun scented candles to play with!

41%2BMcBB2qBL.jpg

Victorian snoods for my hair. I bought 4! (all different colors, of course) It's a girl thing.

trying to figure out if i have aspergeres or not.

finding the answer/solution to a problem is something that i am commonly odsessed.

New Threads

Top Bottom