• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do men want, for valentine's day?

Does he have to buy books on his tablet? A giftcard for that?

How about one of dem little cleaning robots?

Does he have enough guitar picks? Trick question, you can't have enough! MOAR!

Does he have to buy books on his tablet?

I don't think so, he seems to have access to sites where he downloads books, so he may have some sort of membership.

Guitar picks to last a lifetime. Thanks Fino. :)

I also have never thought much of Valentine's day. I was also the one always forgetting anniversaries. Not only would I not remember the date, I could never remember the month or year either.

I was also the one always forgetting anniversaries.

Me too. This year I'll celebrate our being together, almost lost him last year. I don't usually mark these things either. Somehow this year's different, maybe more important.

I am so not looking forward to retirement age. My wife and I barely can get along as it is.. As far as gifts, I never placed much stock in them. I'd prefer just spending some nice time with my wife without arguing.

Under the circumstances it would seem that just being there for him may be the best gift you can possibly give him. A warm fire in the fireplace on a brutally cold night...some quiet time spent together....nice.

I agree. Something like that. Another idea, can you sing at all, even if it sounds corny? I play instruments and would love to hear someone sing something to me.

Depends on the budget. Good quality drones are in the hundreds to thousands of £/$ range, though they can be a lot cheaper if bought as a self assembly kit.

My dad was looking at drones to check the other side of his property. Not only do they cost a ton of money for something worthwhile, but he also found you need a license to fly one. At least here.

There are some wonderful suggestions above.
Any or all of them that you think he will like... and you.
----------
Every tool known to exist, huh?
Gizmos of any kind?

Download a blank purchase invoice form.

At the top, print:
"Grainger Inc.
Industrial Supply Distribution

Shipping Order/Confirmation"

Under that, print:
"***Special Instruction***"
"***Box Label (LARGE type)***"
" 'HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!' "

On the "Cost" line, print:
"$239.98 - Do NOT mail receipt"

Order Date, print:
"Feb 6, 2019 - 9:27.13 AM - (phone order)"

Delivery Date, print:
"On or before Feb 13, 2019 - 6:00 PM"

Shipping:
"UPS - GroundUPS (sig. not req.)
Shipped - Feb 6, 2019 - 4:33 PM"

Ship to:
"(your address here, Mia)"

Item/Tool:
"Muffler Bearing Extractor/Press/Installer
(Through-bolt Type)
Tungsten, Metric/SAE, 24v. DC/Hydraulic"

At the bottom, print:
"Thank You For Your Business!"
"pg 1 of 1"
-----------------------------------------------------
Print the completed form.

Fold it in half(only), and place it on the kitchen table or coffee table in the morning, on a day that he is home.
Leave it there all day, then move it to your dresser top that evening.
(Make sure that he sees it.)

If he actually asks you about it,
deny, deny, deny.

For any number of reasons,
this should keep him busy long enough for you to be able to decide on, and prepare, any gift(s) that you choose to give him.

Deny, Deny, Deny!
;)
(you're welcome)
:D

Last edited:
Another idea, can you sing at all, even if it sounds corny? I play instruments and would love to hear someone sing something to me.

Actually sing quite well. We used to do that together, he would play, I would sing and we would do that for hours. He's progressively moved towards jazz in the last few years. He's critical of vocal accuracy, and used to have perfect pitch. He doesn't play a wrong note, ever. Unfortunately, this has led to his leaving pick-up bands he played with after a short time as none of its members wanted to progress in the way he has, to reach his level of accuracy. He has yet to find someone at his level of musicianship that he can play with.

Guitar pick or tuner?

He has one of those guitar pick makers, a kind of punch that looks like this:

images
So he makes them when he loses one.

As for tuners, he has several, and used to only tune by ear, but now uses them quite a lot. Thank-you for your suggestions though. Gifts are tough for aspie women and men. :)

Beginning to think that maybe gifts are not the way to go. Simply a celebration would probably be a good thing. He has everything he needs, and there's literally nothing he wants. Neither of us really want much of anything.

New Threads

Top Bottom