• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is Going On In Australia?

Who knows, maybe she's correct for stereotypical NTs. I found it very difficult to relate to a lot of what she says. I think there's a lot of people out there (both men and women) who's loneliness is caused by their own bad attitudes.

I don't know how it is now, but when I was there in the mid 80s, the feminists were militant almost to the point of going around armed and threatening men for the crime of being male. There was a 3 or 4 story building in Adelaide with a large blank white side. One morning I drove past and written on the side (it had to have taken a team of expert climbers on ropes) was "Castrate all men at birth." It was not there the previous day. I'm not sure they thought that through in regards to population growth.

I don't know how it is now, but when I was there in the mid 80s, the feminists were militant almost to the point of going around armed and threatening men for the crime of being male. There was a 3 or 4 story building in Adelaide with a large blank white side. One morning I drove past and written on the side (it had to have taken a team of expert climbers on ropes) was "Castrate all men at birth." It was not there the previous day. I'm not sure they thought that through in regards to population growth.
There's always a few man haters around, when they get in to their 40s they start wondering why they're so lonely and no one wants them.

Yeah, I remember seeing a video from a woman who said "We need to kill all men". When confronted about it, she doubled down and claimed it was just a joke while attacking men some more.
Also, with that whole "castrate men at birth" thing, do the women who genuinely believe in it (as opposed to seeing it as someone trying to be edgy) not care if they're the last generation of women, since men and women need each other to propagate the species?

Yeah, I remember seeing a video from a woman who said "We need to kill all men". When confronted about it, she doubled down and claimed it was just a joke while attacking men some more.
Also, with that whole "castrate men at birth" thing, do the women who genuinely believe in it (as opposed to seeing it as someone trying to be edgy) not care if they're the last generation of women, since men and women need each other to propagate the species?
Also do they care about kids seeing that kind of thing?

Social media gave us a term for it - Click Bait. Some of them actually believe what they write, they must have such sad little lives.
The ability to truly believe both parts of a contradiction is not natural.

Pretending to do so for tactical gain is (sadly) natural - lying is an innate behavior.

But being taught to genuinely believe contradictions seems to have serious negative side effects.
Orwell's 1984 is still the best source for insights IMO. The last (short) chapter is relevant when considering the endgame for an ever-increasing number of modern western people:
George Orwell - 1984 - Part 3, Chapter 6
(The whole book is available there).

Something some people miss about Orwell: he was against totalitarian states, which in his day included several distinct WW2-era systems, including Germany, USSR, and Italy. He would certainly have included Maoist China, but there's a timing issue - Orwell died 1950, and the PRC was established in 1949.

The point is that the list includes both Left-Wing and Right-Wing states: despite what both sides in the modern US seem to think, it's the behavior that matters, not the names and the words.

You can see which side is damaging its own people by looking at how they educate and influence their members and their "target audience", and what they teach them. A TLDR version: Persuasion is ok, Conditioning is not.

Last edited:

The ones who genuinely believe that are selfish and don't care one bit about their children. Never forget a lady I met while working the trains, and she sort of fancied me I think... She had made it to be in charge of a company store because of her gender (In Wales, they have a policy of denying men high positions under the gender discrimination act).
Now what she said to me next as I asked her about her job and what she liked about it shocked me! She said "I love sacking people! " and then she went on to talk about her 14 year old son, and she said "When he turns 16 and the child benefits stop, he is out of the house!"
I was really shocked because she had said these things to try and attract me, but she was stone cold! I was rather glad that the train I worked on one or two occasions where I met her, was a spare turn where I was covering for staff shortages of another depot, so it was one of the "Inbetween" trains our depot didn't normally work. (They didn't do it often as it involved driving us 75+ miles in a taxi which can't have been cheap, but cheaper than cancelling the train).

Last edited:
(In Wales, they have a policy of denying men high positions under the gender discrimination act).

So because of the gender discrimination act which is supposed to stop gender discrimination, men are denied certain positions because of their gender? 🤔 That's some good irony, top-shelf stuff. Monthy Python-esque.

So because of the gender discrimination act which is supposed to stop gender discrimination, men are denied certain positions because of their gender? 🤔 That's some good irony, top-shelf stuff. Monthy Python-ish.

That is the EU reasoning for you that the UK has to comply with.

Unfortunately, the laws are NOT made by democratic means and are made by local "Think tanks" which consist of the lobby groups who are against whatever it is they are making the laws on, so they are natrually going to cause more harm than good.

Last edited:
The ones who genuinely believe that are selfish and don't care one bit about their children. Never forget a lady I met while working the trains, and she sort of fancied me I think... She had made it to be in charge of a company store because of her gender (In Wales, they have a policy of denying men high positions under the gender discrimination act).
Now what she said to me next as I asked her about her job and what she liked about it shocked me! She said "I love sacking people! " and then she went on to talk about her 14 year old son, and she said "When he turns 16 and the child benefits stop, he is out of the house!"
I was really shocked because she had said these things to try and attract me, but she was stone cold! I was rather glad that the train I worked on one or two occasions where I met her, was a spare turn where I was covering for staff shortages of another depot, so it was one of the "Inbetween" trains our depot didn't normally work. (They didn't do it often as it involved driving us 75+ miles in a taxi which can't have been cheap, but cheaper than cancelling the train).

Reminds me of the quote:

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time" - Maya Angelou

Not that you need telling, sounds like you ran (or drove the train 😜) as far in the opposite direction as possible!

Last edited:
That is the EU reasoning for you that the UK has to comply with.

Unfortunately, the laws are NOT made by democratic means and are made by local "Think tanks" which consist of the lobby groups who are against men. (Most have been sexually abused so have a very warped view of what men in general are like, and the EU gives them the power to make laws in the UK that our own MP's have no say over, even now we were "Supposed to" have Brexit which never really happened as pro-EU MP's happened to sign us up to agreements that no Brexit voter in their right mind would have agreed to!)

The real issue is that the UK is no longer democratically owned and run by its people like it once was.

One foot in the EU, one foot out and getting kicked in the nuts! 😂

The point is that the list includes both Left-Wing and Right-Wing states: despite what both sides in the modern US seem to think, it's the behavior that matters, not the names and the words.

^ This is a very salient point and one that is overlooked or not considered by those on either far end of the political ideological spectrum. People who are "extreme right" are very similar in behavior to those who are "extreme left" and...vice versa. The adage "The pot calling the kettle black." comes to mind.

Last edited:
@Magna

Indeed :)

I'm a "center/moderate in almost everything, and am (in the current environment at least) inclined to see merit in this viewpoint:
Horseshoe theory - Wikipedia

Politically, a genuine moderate will talk to the "normies" on both sides, and is inclined towards negotiated solutions based on open, honest discussions. But we're generally a bit indecisive, and disinclined to take a strong positions when thing starts going wrong

We don't like extremists of any stripe though, and we take things like the rights to free thought and free speech seriously. So when extremists on one or both sides gain power, we are seen as dangerous, and are actively targeted.

So now I'm (literally) part of an oppressed minority /sigh.

Actually society as a whole should become very wary when center/moderates are targeted. It's actually a fairly good indicator of trouble, either already happening but stealthed, or soon to occur.

New Threads

Top Bottom