• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last thing you cooked?

I didn't cook it, but my daughter last night made the most beautiful supper, as I was not feeling well.

A whole roast chicken

Stuffing

Cranberry Sauce

It truly felt like Christmas in July.

I didn't cook it, but my daughter last night made the most beautiful supper, as I was not feeling well.

A whole roast chicken

Stuffing

Cranberry Sauce

It truly felt like Christmas in July.

I hope you feel better fast. What a sweet daughter you have!

Having a whole roasted chicken is like Christmas to me - I can use the leftover meat all week to make meals. We eat less and less meat every year, so a single 3- or 4-pound chicken provides a lot of meals. Many ideas come to mind - chicken tacos, enchiladas, pot pie, white chicken chili, a big salad with chicken in it, chicken sandwiches and soup for dinner, etc.

I made coleslaw and oven roasted some sweet potatoes last night to go with some leftover chicken legs. Husband won't eat coleslaw, so I cooked some coleslaw shredded vegetables in a little oil for him. I used green and red cabbage, carrots, a little onion and roasted red peppers for the coleslaw.
Red peppers and onion in coleslaw....that sounds heavenly. :cool:

iu

Soft tacos with chicken thigh meat, black beans, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, flour tortillas, canned chipotles.

I made soup that is similar to a Rice porridge. Don't have much of a appetite but i thought i need to eat something, and that seems like a safe choice

I made soup that is similar to a Rice porridge. Don't have much of a appetite but i thought i need to eat something, and that seems like a safe choice

Sometimes I crave a bowl of creamy rice like a risotto. Sprinkle some fresh basil or parsley on top and add some frozen peas to it for extra texture and flavor.

Sometimes I crave a bowl of creamy rice like a risotto. Sprinkle some fresh basil or parsley on top and add some frozen peas to it for extra texture and flavor.

That sound tasty also. This soup i made is actually made with yogurt, it might sound weird but it is actually good for an upset stomach.

Our stove died over a week ago so I'm getting creative with my remaining appliances. I have an air fryer, numerous crockpots, a pressure cooker, microwave, bread toaster, and an outdoor grill and a smoker but it is too hot to cook outside. The new stove won't be delivered for at least another week. :(

Tried to use butter as oil but after it melted it overheated and burnt into a ugly dark liquid, chucked it down the sink and used sunflower oil to fry some onions for an nothing special omelette sandwich with added ketchup and mustard.

Tried to use butter as oil but after it melted it overheated and burnt into a ugly dark liquid, chucked it down the sink and used sunflower oil to fry some onions for an nothing special omelette sandwich with added ketchup and mustard.

I always add a cooking oil like safflower, avocado or olive oil to the butter when I sauté food. The oil helps prevent the butter from burning. Use approximately equal amounts of each.

Chicken (light and dark meat) stir-fry. With green/red bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, a sauce made of dark honey/soy/chili's/garlic.

2023-11-26 17.31.43.jpg

We just loaded up skewers with meat and veggies for Oven Baked Shish Kabobs. They're in the oven now. The house smells so good.

2 lb pork roast

about 1 to 2 cups each of whatever chunky chopped veggies you have on hand.

1. chop up the meat into one inch cubes. plop them into a bowl with your favorite marinade. Let them soak however long you like.

2. Chop up the veggies super chonky.

3. Cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Not necessary, but who wants to clean up a crusty/sticky cookie sheet?

4. Load up skewers. Line up one by one on the cookie sheet.

5. Sprinkle it all with salt and pepper.

6. Bake at 375, for at least 20 minutes, checking every now and again, for doneness.

7. If you'd like, for the last 5 minutes, put them under the broiler, so they get all grilled and good, with a little touch of barbecue black edges.

Last edited:
Pasta Parmesan with angel hair pasta, green and red peppers, diced tomatoes w/chiles, pepperoni slices and chunks of ground beef.

New Threads

Top Bottom