• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What web browsers do you use?

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
I use Safari and for many reasons, I just do.

I'm crazy about apple products and downloading safari symbolizes that I love apple products as it seems.
Also I seem to have fast speeds with it and the only browser I feel familiar and more comfortable with. :P

You really are an Apple fanboy, aren't you? :lol2:

I use: Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.6, Opera 10.10, Google Chrome, Safari and NetFront.

Opera 10.10 owns them all though imo.

Firefox and Chrome are my favorite browsers as they're both speedy and have lots of addons available for them.

Last edited:
Firefox and Chrome are my favourites. Opera runs really slowly and uses a proxy server I can't find out how to stop this. You miss a lot of stuff using IE cos MS hasn't stuck to the CSS standards.

Firefox and Chrome are my favourites. Opera runs really slowly and uses a proxy server I can't find out how to stop this. You miss a lot of stuff using IE cos MS hasn't stuck to the CSS standards.

Does it? Calvert is using Opera and I can see his real IP but yea, it does seem to be displaying it like its a proxy, but that could possibly just be his provider.

Firefox and Chrome I still use once and a while. Chrome is actually very good with pop-ups which I definitely go with but is not as good as firefox when it comes to security.

Never thought of using Opera, but I might give it a good try one day.

it does seem to be displaying it like its a proxy, but that could possibly just be his provider..

AOL to thank for that.

I prefer Opera because of the features like mouse gestures and the speed dial (which every other browser now seems to copy). There's also voice recognition too but I haven't tried it yet. When I first started using Opera, it was proven as the fastest across multiple platforms in independent speed tests. I'm not sure if that's still the case today though.

^I prefer Opera because of the features like mouse gestures and the speed dial (which every other browser now seems to copy). There's also voice recognition too but I haven't tried it yet.

It`s all possible with Firefox 3.6 and its great plugins.;)f
Firefox ftw!
Only the high mem usage is a litle annoying.:no:
I`m gonna give Opera a try soon.

I decided to download Opera and I have to say, I actually quite like using the browser and will start to use it more often soon as I get my butt off safari. :lol2:

I haven't used the AOL browser in years. I remember getting the installation discs with the latest version and a free trial. I take it your with AOL then as your ISP?

@Ian check out the mouse gestures, here.

I haven't used the AOL browser in years. I remember getting the installation discs with the latest version and a free trial. I take it your with AOL then as your ISP?

@Ian check out the mouse gestures, here.

That's actually awesome, it seems to have worked for me. :D

Oh and I remember getting those CD's aswell until we started actually signing up for the actual broadband.
But the speed was good on there until Caraphone Warehouse decided to take over and make the connection crappy, we certainly weren't having any luck when it happened. :lol2:

We then transferred to sky broadband, but I wonder if AOL browser still works for different ISP's?

We then transferred to sky broadband, but I wonder if AOL browser still works for different ISP's?

I doubt it. I'd say you would have to be an AOL member/customer to use the software as you need your AOL user/pass to log in IIRC.

I doubt it. I'd say you would have to be an AOL member/customer to use the software as you need your AOL user/pass to log in IIRC.

:lol2: I would love to check it out but at this very minute, I haven't put the software on it, however, the AOL ID still works on other services but I ain't too sure about AOL Browser though?

New Threads

Top Bottom