• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your "Bucket List"?

I don't have much of a bucket list, but there are a few things I'd love to do or get:

1. Visit Europe. Specifically southern Italy as my family originally came from Calabria.
2. Own a set of medieval plate armor, preferably mid 14th C German style. That's more expensive than the trip to Europe!
3. Learn how to play electric guitar. I bought one over the winter, but have yet to start learning it.

Wow how cool! Thanks so much for the info and the pics.
Took a photo of the large one that whizzed by my parents by the bay that I originally wrote about.
Here it is...
It is about a foot in width, height and depth.
This is what we call a falling star after it has cooled down to the meteorite rock.
Meteorite 010.JPG

I want to know what the hell is going on with this whole 'universe' thing, however I doubt I will ever find out.

Oh, and I want to eat dim sum in a high end resteraunt while admiring a lovely high tech futuristic bionic finger attached to my left hand.

1).own a Playstation 5,along with a Nintendo Switch.

2). get a girlfriend who shares my interest in giant stuffed animals (bears,tigers)

3).attend my first pride parade.

Own a bucket - never owned one. Then I can fill it with all the lists I write in the future. Problem solved - in the most literal way possible.

Realistically though, I don't really have many big desires or dreams. Mostly because I could never afford them. I have expensive tastes, but a pauper's bank balance.

I've got a list of cars I loved growing up, and whilst people might dream of Ferrari's and Lambos - my cars are a lot more affordable. It all goes back to gaming, and how I dislike "end game" on video games. As such, going back to my car game roots - Gran Turismo. That introduced me to the world of tuning cars to make them faster.

Starting in those games you buy cheap, second hand cars and gradually make them faster. I love owning a project car in real life and I'd much prefer to make something a fast car, rather than buy something that was fast to begin with.

As such my "dream cars" are pretty much a list of cheap, rust buckets. Oooh maybe I could make a rust bucket list?

No...we'd be here all day.

Ed

Going to the Gathering of the Juggalos just to people-watch and try shrooms for the first time. But that other item is on my list anyway, and in all fairness I can think of some better trip settings.

When my hour is up, I also want to die in the arms of my soulmate. For a long time, and up until very recently, I thought I'd found him. Now I'm back to square one and a free agent.

Last edited:
@Raggamuffin Ed,

I thought of that question in a literal sense too for amusement.

I have a lot of buckets. Most don't have lists on them. They're just plastic utility buckets.
But, I have a lot of buckets of paint. They have lists on them. Ingredients.
Maybe I could make a list of every bucket I have and tape it on one of the blank buckets
so it has a list! Then it wouldn't feel left out.

@Streetwise
Not sure what you mean by wanting to know why people need to be saved, but, if anyone
is into that, they would need a warehouse full of big buckets to save them in...
or maybe it's the people on Santa's list. You know, the one he makes and checks twice.

Don't know. But, you can see how mind is tonight. Goofy! :D

@Raggamuffin Ed,

I thought of that question in a literal sense too for amusement.

I have a lot of buckets. Most don't have lists on them. They're just plastic utility buckets.
But, I have a lot of buckets of paint. They have lists on them. Ingredients.
Maybe I could make a list of every bucket I have and tape it on one of the blank buckets
so it has a list! Then it wouldn't feel left out.

@Streetwise
Not sure what you mean by wanting to know why people need to be saved, but, if anyone
is into that, they would need a warehouse full of big buckets to save them in...
or maybe it's the people on Santa's list. You know, the one he makes and checks twice.

Don't know. But, you can see how mind is tonight. Goofy! :D
Goofy as in in trying to manipulate ?stupid? Bad mannered?

Fulfill my promise to my daughter that I'll never forget her or abandon her.

Make sure I see her graduate high school, and be financially independent and stable so that she can survive without me.

Repent of all my sins so I make it to heaven.

Get my whole family together again, even though it's Covid.

See another springtime.
You could get them all together again in a wide open space as long as they are six feet apart

Goofy as in in trying to manipulate ?stupid? Bad mannered?
Definition of goofy per merriam-webster dictionary:
Definition of goofy. : being crazy, ridiculous, or mildly ludicrous : Silly. Goofy sense of humor. (example): That hat looks goofy.

No mention of manipulative, being stupid or bad mannered.

Just having some silly fun.
goofy.jpg
Goofy.

I don't understand American English!
And also if you "goof around" it means you are having a silly, fun time, when you should be serious.

And to "goof" means to make a clumsy mistake, but all in good fun.

A clown or a mime is goofy. Childrens' cartoon characters are goofy. It's a clumsy, cheery fun.

I don't have a bucket list. It's just a waste of time since there is nothing I plan to do with my life. I'm a complete loser and failure at everything. And the world's going to end in a few more years anyway. I just heard that NASA warns that the moon is getting "wobbly" and it will mess up the gravity on Earth and cause horrible worldwide flooding in a decade or so. I was hoping it was fake, but The Weather Network wouldn't post fake news, would it?

I want to see the Northern Lights. I want to write a book. I want to visit Acadia National Park in Maine in the US. I also want to start practicing yoga regularly. I think all of these things would be good. I’m sure there are lots more too!

I have a few really silly, in fact, impossible things I'd like to do:

*go boogie boarding in Laguna Beach
*visit Europe
*learn to walk again
*go out to a night club or concert
*see my hometown again
*live in the coast redwoods
*(and just for fun- because it's an impossible list of silly things)have a firefighter let me pet his arm muscles for like a half hour lol!!!

Now, here is my more serious bucket list:

*Go up to the mountains and camp there for about a month to get my head together.
*Go to the ocean and just scream as loud as I can into the waves.
*Get my family together again. We all live in the same city, but some are so afraid of covid that we haven't seen them in so long.
*Somehow bring my daughter's dad home.
*Not have cancer, and not get it again.
*Drive down the 101 and stay wherever I want for as long as I want.
*Take my daughter to the coast for a week of fun.
*Take my daughter on an airplane for the first time and go visit somewhere we've never been- maybe Alaska.
*Walk everywhere.
*Go hitchhiking.
*Take a train somewhere really far. Not even to go somewhere. Maybe the journey would be a destination in itself.
*Buy a car and just drive and not stop driving until I'm good and ready to.

@Mr Allen

Wow, you've got quite an interesting bucket list! It's great to have goals and dreams to look forward to. Winning the lottery and attending WrestleMania sound like exciting plans. And calling Theresa May a "numpty" would definitely be a memorable moment!

New Threads

Top Bottom