• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Whats with the share on LinkedIn?

Ghostinthemachine

Hello

Can anyone tell me why on all the threads at the bottom it's says share with LinkedIn, maybe it's been there a while and I've just not noticed it?!

I've not noticed it before either.

Tried to track down that issue on the Xenforo site, but didn't see anything really current or relevant to any recent upgrades.

It's to make it easier to inform all your prior coworkers and employers of a condition that carries a lot of stigma, of course!

(/sarcasm)

Wish I could react with an "agree" to these posts.

I also just noticed it since 8/6.

Not something I'd ever use.

Wish I could react with an "agree" to these posts.

I also just noticed it since 8/6.

Not something I'd ever use.

Agreed.

On the Xenforo forum I had the impression that it was something that only a few people really requested. But then for all I know the people doing so may be members of some professional organization with their own forum, where such a thing might be far more valuable than an autism community in comparison.

Somehow I don't see many people here wanting to advertise their professional standing cross-referenced with a site of autistic persons. But then I've posted a position of "need-to-know" basis only regarding one's autism for some time here.

Then again some members of other nations and societies may have a more relaxed view of the perception of autism.

Last edited:
Agreed.

On the Xenforo forum I had the impression that it was something that only a few people really requested. But then for all I know the people doing so may be members of some professional organization with their own forum, where such a thing might be far more valuable than an autism community in comparison.
ℹ️ (informative)

For a while there was Linkedin, facebook, maybe instagram.

I remember thinking that some people would feel creeped out
seeing that many socialshare possibilities.

Me, included.

For a while there was Linkedin, facebook, maybe instagram.

I remember thinking that some people would feel creeped out
seeing that many socialshare possibilities.

Me, included.

Absolutely. Sharing your profession and neurology with colleagues is one thing. Having your existing employer or potential employer snooping around such information is another. And in this day and age it does happen.

Sounds like a subject for a good policy discussion among the staff.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Sharing your profession and neurology with colleagues is one thing. Having your existing employer or potential employer snooping around such information is another. And in this day and age it does happen.

Sounds like a subject for a good policy discussion among the staff.
Totally agree ,I don't really want it on here

I'm curious about this too I have been retired for almost five years, I keep getting high profile people checking out my profile CEO's, directors of companies, and owners of companies a billionaire who died a few days previously, and now head hunters what is drawing them to my profile. Do they know something I Do not. I only us the site to keep in contact with my family and friends. I noticed recently it is know being used as a dating resource by some match making companies Is this site some how being used to locate some of us.

Last edited:
Just got notice 4 people looked at my Linkedin profile one person a research fellow, what are they researching, I am retired. During covid some one from the Max Planck institute looked up my linkedin profile I guess they found my statistical data useful my conclusions interesting. A year later The lead researcher of the lab doing research on covid and neanderthal DNA won the Nobel prize for medicine.

Last edited:
Just looked up research fellow interesting title. something is up. Maybe they like my biological data and the connections I'm Seeing. My resistance to covid could be intriguing. Not the kind of data available any where else.

New Threads

Top Bottom