• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

1 fun thing I did today

That's some kind of spider? I see web, but I've never seen one like that! I thought it was a nubibranch at first!
It's a type of Crab Spider. This one was in Adelaide River, in Australia's Northern Territory.

LOL - we have a rubber pig that makes a rude noise when the dog chews it
I had a toy pig like that for my dog, Ruby. It made exactly the same noise as a Magpie Goose, so every time a flock of geese flew over she'd go mental.

_mg_6418-preview3-ri.jpg

Spent time with my kids, my son tried to imitate the Napoleon Dynamite dance scene claiming it was him and my daughter danced to music from her favorite YouTuber.

Went out in the city with some friends (I don’t like showing irl people’s faces on here. I like to keep my personal life personal.)

For anyone who isn’t familiar with Enzo (not sure how anyone could not be at this point lol) he is a multipurpose medical service dog and he can go anywhere I go. Although sometimes it’s admittedly easier to leave him at home.

I had a lot of fun tonight, but I just got home and now have about seven hours to sleep before I travel tomorrow…

My lifestyle is certainly fast-paced and definitely not for everyone but it allows me to live my life to the fullest. Can’t really complain.

IMG_0998.jpeg

This is the city of Boston, for anyone who doesn’t know

IMG_0982.jpeg

Bedtime…

IMG_0994.jpeg

I rewound my hops bines (they grow about 14 - 16 feet before they produce. In order to keep them short enough to handle, every day or so I have to unwind and pull the growing tip to the other string).

IMG_20230724_165810.jpg

Today for fun I watched Ms. Deeds (the dog) play with her kong.

I do this every day, but I'm only posting once :) .

I went for a walk in the rain with my dog. It was a gentle, warm summer rain and neither one of us minded the drip drops coming down on us.

Today I went to the dentist.

That was not fun, itself, but the dental hygienist was good at friendly chat, so that was fun.

Today I weeded out the new strawberry bed:
IMG_20230731_133050.jpg

And had a productive meeting with the grape vines regarding their undisciplined growth. I instructed them in the approved way for grape vines to hang off a wire:

IMG_20230731_133142.jpg

I wrote a note to a friend to send via snail mail. :snail:
I love snail mail. I can write to somebody, and relax for at least three days before I start looking for a response.

You know that thing where you send a message, and you don't know if you'll get a response in 15 seconds, 2 days, or ever?

I hate that.

Today I worked on a somewhat twisted diorama of the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs. Still need to paint it up.

IMG_20230802_204900.jpg

I had coffee at a fancy hotel that is 200 years old. Felt like royalty, it was amazing. Although it was a spontaneous visit, i was dressed a bit too casually.

I worked on a photo album that I am making of my pictures of plants, flowers, and little critters from the garden.

1691305101122.jpeg

I made cherry ice cubes! I had an abundance of leftover cherries, so I made them into a sort of syrup and froze them into cubes. They were delicious in my iced ginger tea.

I think I had something fun to share but after reading all the comments on this post I think the funnest part of my day has been reading this post! I may sound a little too sentimental or emotional but I got a little teary eyed reading the comments. People sometimes have made fun of me because I get really happy and excited about things people find dumb. IT MAKES MY WHOLE DAY riding around in the car and if we see a patch of fields with cows I always have to say something but no one else is ever as excited to see them as me. The things that bring you all joy and happiness just remind me that there are other people like me capable of appreciating the simple pleasures of life. Thank you for this post. I look forward to coming back to it to read more and maybe next time I'll share something else fun I did! I don't want to share more than one thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom