• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Change in Climate

Outdated

High Function ASD2
V.I.P Member
Today feels different. Not sure why. I woke up feeling more motivated this morning than I have in a long time. The chair in my bedroom now has much less dirty laundry on it. I think part of it might be that the weather has changed, it feels different today.

It looks like summer outside, not a cloud in the sky and barely a breath of a breeze. It’s not warm. I got excited enough to go for a ride on my bike and enjoy some sunshine, it was way too cold to be only wearing a singlet but it was nice soaking up a bit of sun too. I was surprised when I got back home and noticed it’s only 16 degrees, it doesn’t feel that cold.

I talked myself out of buying take away food, I have enough food at home that needs to be eaten. I did buy some apple ciders though, it’s the first time I felt like having a drink since May. I hope we get a real summer again this year, we haven’t had one for 5 years now.

So my washing is out on the line drying, I have all the windows and doors open letting fresh air through, and I’m kicking back enjoying a pleasant drink and wondering what to cook for tea.

There’s no guarantees that this feeling will last long so I intend to enjoy it while it’s there.

I'm really sensitive to the changing of weather / seasons. We only really get summer and fall here, but when the temperature finally turns over it always feels like a new beginning of something, even if it's just some weird mental juju that doesn't make any sense.

The change from brutal summer to decent fall weather is always like, "Finally, a few months where I can actually enjoy being outside". :D

Adelaide has a desert climate normally, very low humidity. The heat is a lot easier to take here than in other parts of the country but it can still be brutal. In normal years we expect to get at least 3 or 4 days every summer that are over 40 degrees and our winters are usually fairly mild.

A strange weather pattern started up in 2020, with a flow of very cold water from Antarctica flowing up in to the Great Australian Bight. Cooler and higher humidity. We haven't had any real seasons in that time, just a sort of perpetual spring/autumn thing going on. (we don't call it fall because our trees aren't deciduous, no change of colour and falling)

I'm hoping for a good summer this year, a bit of normality again.

And now most of the washing is all folded and put away, just a couple of pairs of jeans still drying. Who knows, the way I'm going I might end up doing the dishes too. :)

I did love an apple cider in the garden, especially home made. Now it's Appletiser for me, posh sparkling apple juice..

My bedroom chair has only 4 items of clothes on it, kitchen only has one dirty pan, not bad!

5am and it's starting to bucket down with rain here.. I like it though (just as well, plenty more to come ..🙂)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom