• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Change in Climate

Outdated

High Function ASD2
V.I.P Member
Today feels different. Not sure why. I woke up feeling more motivated this morning than I have in a long time. The chair in my bedroom now has much less dirty laundry on it. I think part of it might be that the weather has changed, it feels different today.

It looks like summer outside, not a cloud in the sky and barely a breath of a breeze. It’s not warm. I got excited enough to go for a ride on my bike and enjoy some sunshine, it was way too cold to be only wearing a singlet but it was nice soaking up a bit of sun too. I was surprised when I got back home and noticed it’s only 16 degrees, it doesn’t feel that cold.

I talked myself out of buying take away food, I have enough food at home that needs to be eaten. I did buy some apple ciders though, it’s the first time I felt like having a drink since May. I hope we get a real summer again this year, we haven’t had one for 5 years now.

So my washing is out on the line drying, I have all the windows and doors open letting fresh air through, and I’m kicking back enjoying a pleasant drink and wondering what to cook for tea.

There’s no guarantees that this feeling will last long so I intend to enjoy it while it’s there.

I'm really sensitive to the changing of weather / seasons. We only really get summer and fall here, but when the temperature finally turns over it always feels like a new beginning of something, even if it's just some weird mental juju that doesn't make any sense.

The change from brutal summer to decent fall weather is always like, "Finally, a few months where I can actually enjoy being outside". :D

Adelaide has a desert climate normally, very low humidity. The heat is a lot easier to take here than in other parts of the country but it can still be brutal. In normal years we expect to get at least 3 or 4 days every summer that are over 40 degrees and our winters are usually fairly mild.

A strange weather pattern started up in 2020, with a flow of very cold water from Antarctica flowing up in to the Great Australian Bight. Cooler and higher humidity. We haven't had any real seasons in that time, just a sort of perpetual spring/autumn thing going on. (we don't call it fall because our trees aren't deciduous, no change of colour and falling)

I'm hoping for a good summer this year, a bit of normality again.

And now most of the washing is all folded and put away, just a couple of pairs of jeans still drying. Who knows, the way I'm going I might end up doing the dishes too. :)

My bedroom chair has only 4 items of clothes on it, kitchen only has one dirty pan, not bad!

5am and it's starting to bucket down with rain here.. I like it though (just as well, plenty more to come ..🙂)

Last edited:
Adelaide has a desert climate normally, very low humidity. The heat is a lot easier to take here than in other parts of the country but it can still be brutal. In normal years we expect to get at least 3 or 4 days every summer that are over 40 degrees and our winters are usually fairly mild.

A strange weather pattern started up in 2020, with a flow of very cold water from Antarctica flowing up in to the Great Australian Bight. Cooler and higher humidity. We haven't had any real seasons in that time, just a sort of perpetual spring/autumn thing going on. (we don't call it fall because our trees aren't deciduous, no change of colour and falling)

I'm hoping for a good summer this year, a bit of normality again.
I can't imagine wanting for summer to come 🙈 I would rather have a sunny winter day.
Cool but bright.

I'd gladly exchange the Portuguese climate for somewhere like Switzerland or Oslo (Minnesota), where I have friends who complain about the snow and long winters.

I miss the snow so much.

We haven't really had a summer here for the past 2 years, a lot of the days have been what I call "migraine weather" just the right amount of cold and damp to keep a subtle migraine going in the background. I won't be complaining about any of it though, what with half of the rest of the world sometimes literally on fire, it would feel pretty bad.

What's a singlet?
550a430d9a85b260531102.jpg

And an update: no dishes got done. After two cans of cider I changed my mind about take away and went and got a big hamburger and chips. Well fed and happy I decided to have an afternoon nap and slept for 6 hours.

It was a good day.

It's the same in Australia, the east coast has been alternating between heat waves and severe storms, here it's just bland and boring weatherwise.
Bland weather is good though.

No wind, no heavy rain, no thunderstorms, not cold or hot...

But cold is nice though 🥰 it's nice and comfy. You can crochet for hours without getting your hands all sweaty, or go for a walk without getting all yucky and hot and overtired.

I'm soooo glad that autumn is here, and winter will arrive soon.

But cold is nice though 🥰 it's nice and comfy.
I do like being somewhere warm and comfortable when it's cold outside, especially after being homeless for many years, but in general I don't like being cold. I don't like having to wear so many clothes, I just don't like the feel of them. In that respect I was very spoiled living in the tropics, all I had to wear was a pair of shorts all year around.

I do like being somewhere warm and comfortable when it's cold outside, especially after being homeless for many years, but in general I don't like being cold. I don't like having to wear so many clothes, I just don't like the feel of them. In that respect I was very spoiled living in the tropics, all I had to wear was a pair of shorts all year around.
We have a saying in our family.

In winter you can always wear one more layer, in summer you can't take everything off 😅

I can't stand the hot weather. It takes me down, it gives me headaches and even nausea at times. The only way to fight it is to lay very still in a well ventilated place, in the shade. And even then it's still too hot.
It'd be another thing if I had air-conditioning, but that's expensive, so 🥵 I roast and eagerly await for winter.

New Threads

Top Bottom