• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are people closer to their real selves online or offline?

I think that it's dependent on the person. Some people are closer to themselves and that can be an ugly truth. Behind a monitor and out of arms reach people can feel emboldened.

There are others that in some respects are more themselves online in a good way. Online I don't have to mask and I always have time to think about my responses. Communication becomes easier in some regards and as such I'm closer to the true me online. Mind you there are thoughts and opinions I will always keep to myself so I will never be my true self online. But I also don't share those opinions with most folks offline.

Ultimately online is just a digital representation so no a person is never their true self online. For that you need to be present with them. But that's my interpretation ande mileage may vary.

I think online games where you can loot from others (thief, scam, etc) and have pvp that matters (you lose gaming time when killed) are realistic enough to know others.

I think there are 2 versions of me and both are true. But there is nuance, like in rl I'm not expressive so I don't express much and I can be seen as cold, big, uninterested and opposite to how I actually am. I'm actually kind, interested, warm and full of emotions that I'm too shy to express to random people.

In online I am more genuine and disinhibited and I can explain a lot easier and precisely and keep track of conversations. Although you know sometimes it's dangerous so too much information may not be great either.

Are these users making fun of me?

I'm the member named "Cider".

Dating...
Many are having fun at your name "Cider" because they don't care about anything else once they have a joke about the name.

If I ever posted a serious thing there again I'd ask they wouldn't make jokes especially about your name and be serious while posting.

But by the looks of it it's someone's backyard website, anyone can make it and they may be a group of 12 or 15 year olds who own it. It's hardly safe to be there or enter details in there. Every post in the rest of the forum is a joke, they're addicted to poking fun.

So they don't go there to give advice, let alone serious advice and I would take advice on social media with a grain of salt, especially on some website that no one knows about dedicated to news spam.

But they're also saying you keep posting the same thing. They maybe answered already.

There is a flirting tips video on my profile, on About, they are suggested by psychologists, if you're interested.

Last edited:
I changed my name due to a creep following me around online, but he just listed the name switching anyway. It's the same accounts, so...

You see, creeps gonna creep. I guess he doesn't want to disappoint me. :D

I think I am pretty much myself here as I am in the real world. Although I am very quiet in the real world. I wouldnt say anything here I wouldn't in my real world. I feel ok here to say things generally for the most part.

I guess I'm the same. I tend to be very anxious talking to people for real. But online, people are often jerks, as we've been covering recently. So you've got to be wary of trolls being troublesome.

I think that one major reason why people are different online than they are in person is the odd belief that, when online, one is not "In Real Life," despite the fact that one IS a real person who IS communicating with other real people who experience real emotions and really ARE affected by things said to or about them.

That's a lot of real life for something people don't regard as happening In Real Life.

I've been on a lot of forums since I was 17. In the last decade, I saw their activity plummet. But it's hard to get noticed on YouTube, if you think about taking that up instead. Unless you're great at making content, which involves having a knowledge of editing and being the best at what you do, creating vlogs with just your webcam and voice probably isn't interesting enough. Apparently, anyway. I personally don't care about any of that. As long as I can understand what people are saying and they don't sound drunk or sleepy, it's no worries.

However, after all the trolling I've endured, I'm content that I took my RE preaching as far as I could. But I mean, it's now 2024. I'm getting old. I've did it enough over the years. Maybe it's time to leave it all behind, as much as I kind of like to spread the truth.

And there is another game Capcom ripped off, that I didn't mention before. There's one called Resident Evil: Revelations 2. It came out in 2015. But they ripped off The Last of Us.

They make you team up with a girl who is immune to a pathogen, because the father figure guy lost his daughter. In this case though, she's just missing. But a lot of the enemies and the storyline felt like a cut and paste job. There's also a section involving a dam and toxic dust, and hunting animals in the winter for food - all things from the aforementioned game. So that to me did NOT feel like a coincidence. Plus, as I said, they also copied P.T. for Village.

You cannot stop anyone from copying something. But just know that it feels like you're cheating your fans if you do do that.

So I just signed into X to check something, and I notice bots are following me and liking my posts. I don't use it for chit-chat very often. I just use it to look at women's posts, since X has set it up to where you must be logged in to see anything.

One thing that was very different after dating my ex fiance for a year, meeting him was completely different because you don't know anything about the physical aspects. He was a brute. While in roleplay he was very gentle and caring, in real life he didn't listen to my boundaries.

I have no idea why your post was removed. But I know I had a few of mine recently deleted for linking to violent footage.

Well, last night I was on X and happened to see this update on Annapurna Interactive. They're the group that had been working on a new Silent Hill game, which hadn't gotten any further updates since the autumn of 2022.

Annapurna’s Entire Gaming Staff Quits: Report

You see, this is why I have stopped having faith in gaming in 2024. There's no point being excited for any game any longer, in case something like this is revealed. It's just one screw up after another, with trailers showing no gameplay, from what I must assume is an early build. And I mean, just look at what Microsoft is doing with laying off loads of people they hired.

If developers ever go radio silent for a year or more, then yeah. That's never good news. So let's see the sheepfold on IGN and GameFAQs defending this nonsense.

You could arrange to meet them in a public place. I probably wouldn't ask a lady to come back to your apartment on the first date, in case they get spooked.

I have no idea why your post was removed. But I know I had a few of mine recently deleted for linking to violent footage.

Well, last night I was on X and happened to see this update on Annapurna Interactive. They're the group that had been working on a new Silent Hill game, which hadn't gotten any further updates since the autumn of 2022.

Annapurna’s Entire Gaming Staff Quits: Report

You see, this is why I have stopped having faith in gaming in 2024. There's no point being excited for any game any longer, in case something like this is revealed. It's just one screw up after another, with trailers showing no gameplay, from what I must assume is an early build. And I mean, just look at what Microsoft is doing with laying off loads of people they hired.

If developers ever go radio silent for a year or more, then yeah. That's never good news. So let's see the sheepfold on IGN and GameFAQs defending this nonsense.
Nope, my violent one remains lol. Idk, i must have said it weirdly again

You could arrange to meet them in a public place. I probably wouldn't ask a lady to come back to your apartment on the first date, in case they get spooked.
Except we met halfway across earth and spent 9 days together in a rented apt, it was very unfun. He only thought of his own safety, asked to open the windows at night in the cold autumn mountain breeze and would ambush me frozen didn't let me sleep so I also caught the nastiest flu that I had to hide throughout the flight and keep going to the restroom to blow out my sinuses.

And when I came home I was crying constantly because I couldn't feel him in my bed, and kept looking at the engagement ring. I couldn't believe how different real life was.

I think I lived for the dream life for a while but I had to convince myself and the other person that it wasn't going to be true, that didn't belong to me in truth. I didn't even have to reveal his character, just mine and things follow when you're honest. He wasn't ready to accept who he is, so he could hate me instead.

Last edited:
Trying to find Miss Right is difficult. I am not going to join dating sites though, as there's too much to fill in. I'm not the most exciting person anyway. I wouldn't even know what to say to people, and women may just be playing games with people.

You have to join groups to engage with people. It's hard to get a girlfriend with how picky some people are, and it seems nobody finds me interesting or attractive. I wear glasses all the time, as my myopia is really bad. I blame years of staring at screens as to why my eyesight has gotten so poor. But the few times I did try to mingle with people in the past, I was bullied and they were so nasty, that it impacted my self-esteem. I've also had really awful anxiety for years, and can get agoraphobic too. I also don't use public transport anymore. At least not when I'm by myself. So I walk everywhere, and I find I feel tired a lot for some reason.

New Threads

Top Bottom