• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you young for your age?

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
Everybody these days keep saying that I'm young for my age even if I have the mustache.
I get asked for ID and it pretty much sucks tbh.

Yet I sound older in real life which is good for like certain calls but yea.

Anyone else that looks young for their age?

Yes, nobody believes I'm 149 years old. ;-) The site wouldn't let me put my date of birth in so I had to knock 100 years off it! ;-)

My friend and I were actually discussing this on Monday. He was basically saying how none of us (in my friends circle) look as old as our age. Only one guy, Timmy, actually looks older than his age, while the rest of us look younger.

Yeah I look like I am 18, but in reality I am 22. If I wanted to buy alcohol, I would so be IDed. :P Not that I want to buy alcohol, because alcohol is bad for you. ;)

I also feel/kind of act younger than I am at times. :( Oh well, hopefully I catch up one day. XD!

Last edited:
Yeah I look like I am 18, but in reality I am 22. If I wanted to buy alcohol, I would so be IDed. :P Not that I want to be alcohol, because alcohol is bad for you. ;)

I also feel/kind of act younger than I am at times. :( Oh well, hopefully I catch up one day. XD!

That's what I also thought when I saw your facebook profile. :lol:
But yea, this is also the same problem I get all the time, even when I get on the bus.

When people meet me for the first time, they have a tendency to ask what grade I'm in. When I tell them that I'm 19 and thus no longer in school, they are genuinely shocked. My mom keeps telling me that I look nothing like the 19 year old girls she sees at the grocery store where she works. She says I look somewhere around 15 or 16 years old. I take it as a compliment that people think I look like a child, because if people mistake me for being younger, there is less pressure to act my real age. Speaking of which, I'm told I don't act anything like a 19 year old either; my parents describe me as "endearingly childlike".

I wonder if its an aspie thing to actually look young for their age?
It seems alot of aspies for some reason just looks pretty young for their age.

Well not all Aspies really look young --- I know an Aspie who is just a few years older than me, but then is called 'Uncle'.

from age 15 I was told I looked 18 or older but when I became 18 and then 19 people say I look younger and get id'd all the time now a women in game thought I looked 15 on my 19th Bday .lol

New Threads

Top Bottom