• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism center/Services for Adults

Why does it have to be the center of autism? That's so ambitious. You haven't grown accustomed relegated to the fringes of everything else already?

Just from being Autistic I want to work where Autistic people go. There is nowhere for me to go.

I have heard of "vocational rehab", which is basically where they pair some very basic factory task, like stacking cups into their package, with disabled people. There are also certain creative and technical jobs for which the autistic mind can be well -suited, but you often need a good bit of advocacy and vouchnig-for to get a "professional" job. Something like IT and tech support is somewhere in the middle might be more accessible.

New Threads

Top Bottom