• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Auto tune

Is autotune cheating?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It depends

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
There’s a story I’ve seen from several sources that the drummer actually dropped his drumstick during the recording and yelled the F word, which you can faintly hear.
Of course that word was in there! Why do you think Louie, Louie was so popular. Every teenager bought that record, a single, just to hear the word.

You have to remember that word was not tolerated anywhere in the mid-60s. You didn’t hear it in school, in popular music or jazz, on TV, in movies rated G or PG, and you could not get into an R rated movie without an adult ID. There were no streaming services. You had to physically go to a building, buy a ticket for a movie at a specific time.

There’s a story I’ve seen from several sources that the drummer actually dropped his drumstick during the recording and yelled the F word, which you can faintly hear.

Is that on "Louie, Louie," as WhitewaterWoman said? John Lennon apparently says the word on "Hey Jude," when he makes a mistake on guitar.

The mistake in "Louie, Louie" I was thinking of is when the singer comes in too early after the solo. The drummer does a fill to cover for him, then they go into the next verse.

Is that on "Louie, Louie," as WhitewaterWoman said? John Lennon apparently says the word on "Hey Jude," when he makes a mistake on guitar.

The mistake in "Louie, Louie" I was thinking of is when the singer comes in too early after the solo. The drummer does a fill to cover for him, then they go into the next verse.

That false start kinda works! An interesting musical idea. Didn't even realise it was a mistake

When I said that recording to a click has killed a lot of the feel and spontaneity of music, someone I knew who worked as a recording engineer said "its just easier" which is no basis for an artistic decision, only commercial

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom