• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee poll, 2024 version.

Coffee?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dark roast

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Medium roast

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Light roast

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Black

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Cream

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sugar

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Espresso

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
I like my coffee black just like my metal :D

It didn't start out that way, though. Having to make nut milk (because I have severe issues with dairy) started getting really annoying, and I started getting palpitations from stevia so I just gave it all up and forced myself to drink it black a month or so ago. I'm actually starting to like it, at least!

Consistently stick to Dunkin Donuts and occasionally McCafe, but also developed a peculiar like for Gevalia Dark Roast Espresso. Always seems rather bitter the first taste, but then the next ones improve...lol. I can't explain it. Everything black with sugar.

But there must be far better ones out there than this. I heard "Death Wish" coffee is quite good, but I don't think I could handle the elevated caffeine. I have to constantly limit my caffeine intake given I like coffee and tea.

I am so picky about my coffee these days.

Pour over, intense beans that cost a pretty penny but are a shared expense. Grind the beans myself to 20grams. I have different methods of brewing the beans.

I think I have a love/hate relationship with dark roast coffee...lol. Can't figure out whether I truly like it or hate it. But after that first or second sip...I just seem to fall into line. LOL....:rolleyes:

I love a dark roast in the morning, black.

I sometimes add a scoop of hot chocolate mix for a fake dark chocolate flavor fix, though.

I can’t function if I don’t have my coffee first thing in the morning. It is an addiction thing.

I like black midnight roast coffee.

Do you like coffee?
Half medium roast, half light roast, then add 5-20% dark just short of charcoal roast. Drink black, no sugar.

The best coffee in my area is free at Ace Hardware.

I especially enjoy blonde roast coffee. It isn't as harsh as darker roasts. And I brew it in a French press, with hot water from the kettle. I do sweeten mine and add a lot of whole milk. It makes a drink that tastes more like cocoa than coffee. Very mild and pleasant. A soft, reflective way to wake up, with something sweet and mellow.

I like dark roast with cream. I just don't drink coffee very often. OJ is my breakfast
drink.
When drinking coffee from outside sources my favorites are First Watch breakfast place and I also like McCafe vanilla iced coffee. Dunkin Donuts I find serves good coffee too.

Gods, I miss a morning cup of inky and rich high-altitude so much. Put in my veeiiiiiinnns.

Alas, I love coffee but it no longer likes me. Drank too much in my 20s and paid for it. Now my stomach & guts & brain cannot tolerate more than one tiny watered-down espresso every month.

It's why I'm on the hunt for the perfect black coffee perfume to add to my fragrance collection. Most I've sampled so far haven't quite hit the spot---either too acrid, too synthetic, too Starbucksy, or too much like an uncleaned instant machine people keep mouldering in their kitchen. The blend I require would be smooth, dark, fresh, buzzy and heady, a little smoky and burny but not too much, kind of Noir-ish or jazzy in mood.

I also don't mind a creamier French style smell, so long as it isn't straight up gourmand/lactonic or like an American advert for instant (remember those?). Like Dionne Warwick once wisely tweeted: they want us to put mayonnaise in our coffee, I won't tolerate it.

Not a coffee fan; the smell alone is off-putting for me.

LOL. Reminds me of my time as an underwriter when I had to occasionally pay a visit to our independent agents. Where all of them seemed to have the same infamous "Bunn" coffee makers that exuded the smell of totally burnt coffee for hours on end.

Enough to turn any number of people off when it comes to coffee. :eek:

Usually a nice black coffee, dark roast. Though occasionally I treat myself to an Americano, black, at a small cafe near me. I refuse to go to a Starbucks, ever.

Usually a nice black coffee, dark roast. Though occasionally I treat myself to an Americano, black, at a small cafe near me. I refuse to go to a Starbucks, ever.
Funny, I have yet to even try Starbucks coffee. I've never really thought about trying it, given so much hype.

I love good coffee, have done ever since I was a kid. With milk and a little bit of sugar, never cream, it makes the coffee too sweet and sickly. I drink a lot of coffee, too much to drink espresso, I drink an Italian family coffee. Slow roasted to give the rich flavour without being bitey.

I was using an old fashioned stove top percolator, they're the best, but we're phasing out gas here now and waiting for an electric element to heat up takes too long so I'm using a plunger these days.

Australia has had a very strong coffee culture since the end of WWII, a European style coffee culture. So in the 90s Starbucks came here and failed. They're trying again now but in a limited capacity and only in the tourist hotspots, they're hoping to suck in poor tourists that don't know what real coffee is.

[Edit] Just thought I should mention the price, I pay $19/Kg. In US that works out to about $5/lb.
509daa4f99c7f0e323b57957556abc74ce8f9bae.jpg

Last edited:
I make my own Greek coffee (ellinikos kafes) in a briki, every morning for breakfast. I have managed to get my favourite cafe to serve it (it’s on the cash register, but not on the menu ;)). I take it metrios (half sugar.) My favourite pre-ground coffee is Loumidis Papagalos. I am visiting Türkiye in September and hope to buy a Sözen coffee grinder.

I love good coffee, have done ever since I was a kid. With milk and a little bit of sugar, never cream, it makes the coffee too sweet and sickly. I drink a lot of coffee, too much to drink espresso, I drink an Italian family coffee. Slow roasted to give the rich flavour without being bitey.

I was using an old fashioned stove top percolator, they're the best, but we're phasing out gas here now and waiting for an electric element to heat up takes too long so I'm using a plunger these days.

Australia has had a very strong coffee culture since the end of WWII, a European style coffee culture. So in the 90s Starbucks came here and failed. They're trying again now but in a limited capacity and only in the tourist hotspots, they're hoping to suck in poor tourists that don't know what real coffee is.

[Edit] Just thought I should mention the price, I pay $19/Kg. In US that works out to about $5/lb.
View attachment 132015
One thing they failed to mention in that video: Starbucks makes lousy coffee. Could that be a factor in their lack of success?

One thing they failed to mention in that video: Starbucks makes lousy coffee. Could that be a factor in their lack of success?
Their coffee is crap. What we put in a single shot of espresso they put in a 35 oz bucket with about 100 grams of sugar. And they were like double the price of the local cafes. They obviously did no research at all before coming to Australia, they just rolled in thinking they were the greatest and expected us to just suck it up.

New Threads

Top Bottom