• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee poll, 2024 version.

Coffee?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dark roast

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Medium roast

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Light roast

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Black

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Cream

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sugar

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Espresso

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
I love it! My favourite hot drink tbh, now I can't have much of any real coffee. The best way I can describe it is sweetness is sort of nutty and chocolatey but with a bitter smoky edge. Seems to be a love or hate drink for most people, like Marmite.

Tell me more, how did you find it to live in Nawlins? What were your favourite and least favouritr parts of the culture? How come you ended up there, and how come you left? Would you go back?

This is crazy serendipity, because lately I've been back on a New Orleans vibe in terms of what I'm consuming and enjoying. Since I was a little kid in love from afar and in my head with Marie Laveau, Dr. John and Remy LeBeau, I've always been so intrigued by the place and have wanted to visit, and now decades later I still sometimes like to immerse myself in the sounds, colours, patois and taste of the place. The Cajun accent particularly does something so nice to my brain. And yes, so does chicory coffee, which I'm told the locals like to drink as a breakfast item.

For me it's almost like...sounds crazy, but it's like I'm connected to the place and the lore of NO in the 5D? Despite never having been and having no 3D real-world current-timeline links? I get that with a few other places in the world, too, especially certain towns in Japan and this little one in Brittany (I am half Welsh, so I guess that one makes a bit more sense).

New Orleans is one of the few unique cities in the US. San Francisco is another. I attended law school in NOLA and eventually moved back to my home state of Mississippi where I practiced law for nearly 40 years. The NOLA culture is rich, diverse, often quirky, the food is phenomenal thanks to old and new influences from immigrants, it has a thriving gay community, and its music, parades and parties are legend. There are some downsides - crime, poverty, and below sea level so it floods. I know where Anne Rice's mansion is located, where she wrote her vampire novels. You'd love a visit there!

I have tried various liquid and powdered "creamers" in my coffee. I found them all to be well....revolting at best. So for me it's black with sugar, no more, no less.

The local Walmart stopped selling Gevalia Expresso. Forcing me to find it at the nearest other Walmart in town. SUCCESS! Still a bargain too.

Funny to think of how I originally put too much of this ground coffee in my drip coffee maker and how it didn't taste good at all. Oh well, another learning curve mastered...lol.

Putting in the right amount....now I enjoy it as much as my Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Maybe even a little more. Then again maybe I was European in a past life.....heh heh. :cool:

The local Walmart stopped selling Gevalia Expresso. Forcing me to find it at the nearest other Walmart in town. SUCCESS! Still a bargain too.

Funny to think of how I originally put too much of this ground coffee in my drip coffee maker and how it didn't taste good at all. Oh well, another learning curve mastered...lol.

Putting in the right amount....now I enjoy it as much as my Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Maybe even a little more. Then again maybe I was European in a past life.....heh heh. :cool:

It's a certainty that your ancestors were European!

European? Better still, they were Celts from Ireland!

Baileys and coffee...my one-and-only coffee "creamer". ;)

Last edited:
IMG_0360.jpeg

A real coffee here costs Au$4.50, where as a bucket sized drink full of sugar that tastes like dishwater from Starbucks is much more expensive.

I've seen that espresso around before in Walmart. I always was curious if it is any good. Though I am afraid for my sanity if I try it.

I use to get thier bags of coffee all the time when they had Dunkin Dark. I dropped drinking thier brand when I stopped seeing it. Though I guess I could get thier decaf. But I don't want to bind up the only coffee maker in the house with two separate coffees. So I'm fine with the instant decaf stuff.

New Threads

Top Bottom