• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does This Drive anyone else Mad!

LittleKill & Peter A. --

I'll admit to having similar feelings ... if I get a negative vibe from someone I will not spend time with them unless it benefits me in some way (and there's no other alternative). Either I'm being paid by an employer, or seeing a clueless doctor because it's required to keep up my insurance, or ... ok, I can't even think of anything else right now. I won't even go to my therapist's office because one of the last times I was there we got in one of those screaming matches where she was pressuring me to do something and I kept explaining why I couldn't, then she started yelling that I wasn't listening to her. Of course I was listening to her, I was replying to her every time, but she wasn't listening to my replies. Since then, it's email only. And the only reason I'm keeping the connection at all is because she's helping me get my diagnosis ... after that, all bets are off.

I don't want to turn this into a religious war, but those kind of interactions are just too stressful and I refuse to have them on my free time. I'm the same way about Windows computers. I wish I could live doing tech support for Macs only, but they just don't need as much work. Occasionally I'll help someone with their Mac or iDevice for free, if it's quick & easy ... but I won't even be in the same room with a Windows machine unless I'm being paid. It's just too stressful, life is too short. I've wasted too many years enduring torment on my free time because it made other people feel good, but no one cares enough for me to reciprocate. I'm done.

New Threads

Top Bottom