• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Forum Update on 6th of August

Feedback: I do not get the ratings menu when I hover over the "Like" button (Win 11, Norton Private Browser & Firefox).
Hands up, it looks like despite having waited a long while after the release of 2.3, the add on provider for the content ratings hasn't updated their plugins (they're hoping to release the update this week).

Lesson for me, double check all plugins explicitly support the new version before an upgrade. One of those obvious in retrospect points.

As soon as the provider has released the update I'll apply it to the site so we can have our ratings back.

I'm guessing that the present limitation of ratings and an undersized logo is a temporary glitch for Xenforo which will likely be addressed in the future with a patch.

If this is the most we have to concerned with pertaining to a major upgrade I think it's probably a good thing.

We'll have to respond to comments with a comment expressing emotion. Kinda like real life. ;) At least we still have the emoji faces. :D

We'll have to respond to comments with a comment expressing emotion. Kinda like real life. ;) At least we still have the emoji faces. :D
Good thing this isn't a forum dedicated to a condition characterized by deficiencies in emotional expression!

1722960509057.png

Really?
Is this momentary?
Or is this going to be continuing?

It's weird that it has come up; I've removed the featured content widget.

Sad, l can only like widget. But thanks to Satal, you are taking on this challenge like a true professional. :)

Thank you, Satal. In my experience with the state computer programs, these systems are so complex that any planned change results in a variety of unintended consequences.

The patience needed to resolve these issues is enormous.

Maybe I'm misremembering (and tbf I never used that feature anyway) but didn't the Share feature at the bottom of threads have more options than just LinkedIn before the update lol

(Or is that an entirely new feature to the forums with the update, I feel like that was there before but maybe it wasn't and I've just gaslit myself)

Maybe I'm misremembering (and tbf I never used that feature anyway) but didn't the Share feature at the bottom of threads have more options than just LinkedIn before the update lol

(Or is that an entirely new feature to the forums with the update, I feel like that was there before but maybe it wasn't and I've just gaslit myself)
As recently as 2022 there was option to Share to
facebook, linkedin, tumblr.....

When I post a link, it expands.

Instead of just showing an address,
it turns into an entire reply/post.

Example:
screenshot of link >

1722997409214.png

Link>

When I post a link, it expands.

Instead of just showing an address,
it turns into an entire reply/post.

Example:
screenshot of link >

View attachment 133090

Link>
I couldn't replicate but I've found the option and disabled it.

We seem now to need to confirm posting a "like" - a small thing , but it would be nice to have that option disabled

That should disappear again when the content ratings add on gets updated, which the developer suggests will be next week.

I have noticed a couple of bugs on the site recently.

- Only the "like" reaction is available (clicking it leads to a page to confirm it, unlike before, I suppose the staff were working on that?). I can't see the other reactions when hovering over the reaction icon with the cursor on PC or touching it for the first time on a touch screen on a mobile device like before.
- The logo became very small on desktop (I'm on Firefox):
1723021569537.png

New Threads

Top Bottom