• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I moved. And my id's been stolen.

The only way for medical is to call 911, they are not allowed to turn you a way at hospital. Maybe that will get the ball rolling. l read up on Portland, it's a excellent resource place, or ask for money to get to mission.

...My phone,still I believe busted for regular calls, was able to call 811 in the afteet, when, briefly, after a lousy morning afternoon I called 911 from a CVS, definitely sicker than last night's hospital staff thought I was when they discharged me, am in their waiting room now.........Presuming I'm djschaged this nightl

If you're homeless, ask a "Street Roots" vendor for one of those little books that list all the services in PDX. There's a lot. Contact Central City Concern and Home Forward to get on lists for SRO apartments. The Estate apartments and the Helen Swindell buildings downtown are pretty much as far as I know, some of the cheapest apts in town.

You can eat at the Sisters of the Road cafe with a work trade. Or you can get a free food box every day at the Trinity Episcopal Cathedral. You can get a hot meal 3 times a day at the Blanchet House. Downtown Chapel opens up at 9 am but you should get in line around 7, They give free food and clothing. Got a pair of Nikes there years ago.

Avoid heroin addicts and tweakers like your life depends on it.

Maybe Arizona for this time of year? Winter is just beginning, and you've been lucky, fall is somewhat warm, but once January hits, we get freezing rain and sometimes a lot of snow. Rain and biting 70 mile and hour wind gusts at 29 degrees f with a wind chill of 17. Dumping rain, where you get sometimes 2 or 3 inches in a day. And you might go weeks without a dry day. Which means, those free newspapers they have in the boxes downtown will be the only way to sit on a dry surface.

Please consider going to relatives (if you have any) or down to warmer climates, especially before the pass through Shasta gets too snowy.

Also for free healthcare, dental, and mental health go to the downtown clinic on Burnside and Broadway, or the Billie Odegard health center (around the corner from that on the same block).

The DHS (food stamp office) is Kitty Corner from the Skidmore Fountain Max stop.

You can hang out all day at Powell's books (NW 10th/ Burnside) or the Central Library (SW 10th/Morrison). .

Please try getting in the Union Gospel Mission (NW 4th and Burnside).

There are so many places to eat downtown. You see a lot of fat homeless people in PDX.

Also, First Baptist Church has a feed twice a week. Drop-In Center | First Baptist Church Really the best meal in town.

Maybe Arizona for this time of year? Winter is just beginning, and you've been lucky, fall is somewhat warm, but once January hits, we get freezing rain and sometimes a lot of snow. Rain and biting 70 mile and hour wind gusts at 29 degrees f with a wind chill of 17. Dumping rain, where you get sometimes 2 or 3 inches in a day. And you might go weeks without a dry day. Which means, those free newspapers they have in the boxes downtown will be the only way to sit on a dry surface.

Please consider going to relatives (if you have any) or down to warmer climates, especially before the pass through Shasta gets too snowy.

Please read this above post. I'm not kidding. It's been warm lately. Starting in January we get really bad ice storms. Sometimes 3 feet of snow. And the rest of the time there will be an icy wind and will be raining really hard to where it feels like someone is constantly pouring buckets of icy water on you. Several inches a day, and it doesn't stop until late June, early July.

Pneumonia and Tuberculosis are epidemic here this time of year. Seriously, consider Arizona for the cold season.

SteveNomad, we care about you, but your situation is serious enough for me to say this.
You might not like it.

But it seems you haven't attempted to call the places people have mentioned.
The fact that you have the capacity to post on here makes me believe that you have the capacity to find phone access or at least find people to allow you to call these places. You may have to make yourself particularly vulnerable and open. If you can't make phone call yourself because of smells or an unkempt appearance, try to ask others to call for you. If you have to, at least look for a public bathroom to use soap to clean your armpits and hair to start with during the day.

Maybe you did make these calls but aren't able to express that here because you're overwhelmed.
In some ways, it feels like you've more than struggled, and in some ways, it feels like you've created this situation to be as bad as it it.

...I've just skimmed the above posts right now, but I see the points made.
As of right now I have another problem - in Dec. 30, I woke up in the shelter I was in to find that some me-we had, while I was asleep, taken my sports jacket that I wear around all day and had hung on a chair to dry while I was asleep) and taken the jacket and gone to the bathroom with it and taken the wallets and the money in them out and taken EVERYTHING ELSE and threw it down/away:cry: - including my ID cards and bank/ATM cards and umpteen other things!:weary: EVERYTHING from there is gone!:disappointed:Including the jacket itself, although I did manage to score a similar too-small substitute which isn't really enough for the weather here now:fearful:).
I have lost all my money and ALL MY ID CARDS. BANK CARDS, etcetera:cryingcat:. As far as going to Arizona or ANYWHERE goeseth. I am aware that you're no longer allowed to even ride Greyhound minus a photo ID!
I have no money. I have been able - as yet - to continue to stay at the shelter, which charges money, out of pity/guilt/whining. They provide two meals a day. I have snuck/gotten pity from-overlooked by the bus;trolley drivers as yet.
I am writing this write now sitting in a handicapped cart (I actually am pretty handicapped, though I'll save details for later) on the 3d floor floor of the downtown Target, I did have to go there to get this phone back into working order. it was all d's up this morning. Not far from DVDs, nearer to the phones (natch). Later.

You are frequently the target of theft. From now on, you should sleep with valuables in a pocket of a garment you are wearing. It's not perfect but it's a big improvement over leaving items unattended.

Unless you want to be victimized.... sometimes I wonder.

...No, I do not " WANT " to be victimized that way! How can you say that?:sleepy::cry:
As it happens a. I have taken additio am lreventi e steps - such as I may:kissingclosed:.

You can't deny that you are frequently the target of thefts. And I know you are not stupid. Sometimes we need to have our own self-defeating behavior pointed out to us, because we are oblivious.

That's how I can say that.

...I have heard of an outfit here in Portland that can help with getting new Id's. I'd need it. I would also need hello with re-accessing my ATM cards, most notably the card associated with my SSDI payments. as if I had it I could get money from an ATM RIGHT THIS MINUTE. I had a card for a Wells Fargo bank checking account now. The account is probably slightly underwater now (Like , ten dollars or so). A FB friend of mine spoke of wiring me some money by Western Union, though he hasn't definitely said he'll do it.
That would be nice, more than the literal nothing I have right now. More later.

...I have only the clothes I am wearing (plus, let's be really Azlje super-literal, one pair of never-worn new underwear that's getting sort of soggy, and my one other pair of shoes - Both are sandals, and I don't wear socks. I'm really prepared for winter here, aren't I? My one coast's, as mentioned, a 7ps-8£s style sports/golfer at the country club jacket. I DO NOT HAVE NOW any money for new clothes, for one - remember?:eek:

...Arizona is certainly a possj unity. I have just been looking for a place where I get a room, anyway, a private room, and take the books and stuff I have still in storage in Santa Cruz, and, briefly, some family items inherited from my late brother, and stay there and rest and read the books/compute;stuff and not go out much and try to regain my health:(. I really am in not good shape - and handicapped:sleepy:.

...I am crippled, both by my Congestive Heart Failure and amputated toes (Perhaps my in horrible shape kidneys contribute to difficulty getting around as well) and the back pain I have that, off and on, can be very bad:disappointed:.
Also, being homeless and having no place to leave my things during the day - This shelter here ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT let you have any locker space, or leave things here, whatsoever:astonished: - means I have to go around/walk around/find somewhere for 8, 8, hours if the day, say. This is very straining - especially with my pain/crippledness:cry: (and often lack of sleep, general exhaustion too:frowning:. It seems I'm being whipped to death, lime a Missouri mule!:emojiconfused:
It is now 6:=% PM. The people at the mission here said we have to wait outside Tim's 8 PM for free mats.:confounded: At least it's not raining.
If I hadn't had the money, cards, etc. stolen I would easily have enough money now for a free mat:sob:. The staff here first said that they would look at the nighttime TV monitor to see who stole the coat, now they say the person who can look won't be back for three months:persevere:.:flushed:

...I got in slightly/a touch before 8, but anyhow.. As I think I have demonstrated, I am rather physically handicapped:confounded:. I have spent recent times basically thinking that what I need is for Social Services of something to help with finding a place - which would need at least some bit of handicapped-suitability (no stairs, bathriim bars), which means my amount of things I can select from is lower - Even as my handicappedness makes it far harder to get around:persevere: - and .y being in shelters puts a large hamper on getting to places, since there is a curfew of 5 in the afternoon or so to be mustered back into the shelters again, which makes going out and doing things harder - and my crippledness and needing to carry things makes it harder still. I really need some help:weary:.

I really need some help:weary:.

What help do you need?

Are you asking for financial help from members here because all of your money, cards etc have been stolen?

Are you asking for help from people on here or are you just saying you need help in general?

New Threads

Top Bottom