• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I moved. And my id's been stolen.

My Id's and money and cards and more stolen:eek:!

I have been told that there is an organization, a non profit I suppose, that will help people in my situation get new Id's, but though I was told it's name, I have found nothing like if here when I Google it! I VERY BADLY NEED HELP WITH THIS:weary:. PLEASE!
For another factor in my difficulty in getting around, BTW, I have found this city and its public-transport to be quite spread out and confusing, combining with my various levels of crippledness and the curfew and now my lack of money in making getting around a difficulty too! I need help there, also. Please:fearful:?
Whether I do try to stay here or go to somewhere else still...

My Id's and money and cards and more stolen:eek:!
I have been told that there is an organization, a non profit I suppose, that will help people in my situation get new Id's, but though I was told it's name, I have found nothing like if here when I Google it! I VERY BADLY NEED HELP WITH THIS:weary:. PLEASE!
For another factor in my difficulty in getting around, BTW, I have found this city and its public-transport to be quite spread out and confusing, combining with my various levels of crippledness and the curfew and now my lack of money in making getting around a difficulty too! I need help there, also. Please:fearful:?
Whether I do try to stay here or go to somewhere else still...

Steve, you had loads of advice.

But you're vague about what you actually want/need? :confused::confused::confused:

You say you are 'crippled' (your choice of word, not mine. I do not use the word crippled and prefer terms such as 'physically disabled' or 'mobility difficulties') and that you need help to get around. What help do you need/are you asking for? For someone to come and pick you up in their car and take you places?

As you've started a new thread (about the same issues), all of advice you were given previously will be 'lost' so you need to be very specific about what help you need/what your expectations are.

I do have a couple of questions .............. how come your phone wasn't stolen along with all of your other belongings? How is your phone staying charged?

Call the department of aging and Disability, they usually have where they will drive you somewhere, and it is only $5 here. They may also help you to get your Id's and stuff, although I don't know for sure. I do know that my uncle had to call them and they come and pick you up and only charged him $5 to go to the next town which is about 20 miles. IF a longer trip it may be more.

Call the department of aging and Disability, they usually have where they will drive you somewhere, and it is only $5 here. They may also help you to get your Id's and stuff, although I don't know for sure. I do know that my uncle had to call them and they come and pick you up and only charged him $5 to go to the next town which is about 20 miles. IF a longer trip it may be more.

All of his money has been stolen so he doesn't have a penny, let alone five dollars.

https://www.autismforums.com/threads/i-moved.32038/page-3#post-665511

Did you call the police about your belongings being stolen? It might've not helped much, but at least it'd be a proactive step in the right direction. Now, it might be too late for it to be worth a try if you haven't already :(

Travelers Aid International This site might help, not sure. Definitely ask around. I used to be able to access help info for my area. I don't know if it's blocked on this computer or just no longer available in my area.

...For a brief answer, the phone was not stolen because it was being charged, outside iof the jacket the wallets etc. wede in. At the shelter I'm at and elsewhere, I've run into enough charging situations to keep it charged.
For transportation help, yes, being picked up could help. Going together with someone via public transport could help, also.

...The shelter people - who were NOT, generally, very sympathetic - rush us out the door in the morning. So, no, I did not, really, have time.
The shelter people at first said they'd look at the video monitor to see who stole it - Then they said that looking at the monitor would take lots of to.e, and the person who could look at the video was away, and it was New Year's Day - and then they said (when the claimed to have heard of the looking-at-the video concept at all - that the man who could look at the video wouldn't be back for THFEE MONTHS

...I really need a place to stay for now.
And I Just Do Not Get o_OEnough Sleep.

Please let me say again, now, that the combination of my CHF and my back pain really cripples me:-( - I'm " reclaiming " the......pbrase, as they used to say in the Nineties - but " handucapps " if you perfed,
me, and makes getting around/exploring quite laborious. sometimes painful:-(.
And the clothes I have on now are the only set of clothes I have!

Maybe you could shoplift very conspicuously and get arrested? That's one way to get "three hots and a cot."

Call Wells Fargo right away and tell them your debit card has been stolen. If you don’t and the thief starts depositing counterfeit checks into your account, you could be responsible for whatever money they’re able to steal.

For a brief answer, the phone was not stolen because it was being charged, outside iof the jacket the wallets etc. wede in. At the shelter I'm at and elsewhere, I've run into enough charging situations to keep it charged.
For transportation help, yes, being picked up could help. Going together with someone via public transport could help, also.

That's very lucky that the one thing that keeps you online wasn't stolen.

Please let me say again, now, that the combination of my CHF and my back pain really cripples me:-( - I'm " reclaiming " the......pbrase, as they used to say in the Nineties - but " handucapps " if you perfed,
me, and makes getting around/exploring quite laborious. sometimes painful:-(.
And the clothes I have on now are the only set of clothes I have!

If your health is that bad, how on earth are you managing to maintain this transient lifestyle? Why aren't you in hospital? Where is your medication? Was that stolen as well?

Maybe you could shoplift very conspicuously and get arrested? That's one way to get "three hots and a cot."

I thought along the same lines. Commit a crime, get locked up, guaranteed regular meals, a bed and medical care.

@SteveNomad

It's starting to seem like you're playing a game of "Yes, but" with
people on this thread. Many people offer suggestions, very particular
places to go or call. Things to do.

And you either ignore them outright, or counter with a reason why
the suggestion won't work.

As it happens, I did find an equivalent to the non-profit I mentioned, and I did get an ID card for them (which I think has nowhere near the legal authority of a " true " state ID(, and I did get a HSPS mailbox with them - Did J mention that above? My power is running lower, and I feel I don't have time to proofread - But I don't like to talk about things till they happen.
I think I big-city cops would simply book, at most, a shoplifters and let them go/give them a court date - Even if they bothered to do that much (Like, if the store wanted to bother with prosecuting).
To an extent, I have thought that the energy I expended getting up here from Santa Cruz kind of ran me out of a certain level of energy-
However, I kept going on. as I HAVE NI CHOICE:cry:.
I said, I believe, that I'd hoped to find a decent private room.
And move in, with some books and things that I have in storage, and, with some inheritance type money I perhaps could access, rest and recover my health - read etc.:cryingcat:

Social security office on SW 15th and Morrison. Food Stamp office on SW 2nd and Ankeny, next to the Salvation Army Shelter.

There are a lot of fat homeless in Portland, and we have dozens of feeds and food boxes. There are also tons of shelters and day centers, especially this time of year.

I live in Portland. I have been homeless. Are you trying to get someone to paypal you? Cos sitting in front of Powells Books with a sign is much more effective.

If you want resources, I can tell you to go to any street roots vendor and ask them for the rose city resource book. It's an actual book of hundreds of resources for people like you.

If you scoot up to First Baptist Church on SW 11th and Salmon (behind the central library), right now they are serving a dank meal. It's the best meal in town.

PS it is very important that if you want to stay in the shelters, you get a TB card from TPI on NW 6th and Irving (I think it's at the Bud Clark building).

Tuberculosis is epidemic here in the homeless community. It's so prevalent that it's known as "kennel cough" amoung the people who stay in shelters.

Go to TPI, get your card, and get in line every night for shelters. Get on wait lists for housing. If you have SSI, awesome, if not, get a job. If you got robbed, then you were either high and stuff fell out of your pocket, or you weren't careful. I told you, avoid junkies and tweakers like your life depends on it.

In Portland, we're full, and we've been full for a long time. Yes we have tons of resources, but we also have the highest per capita population of homeless in the USA. Don't expect to get into housing right away. Some wait lists are 8 years long.

I would suggest, once again, going to family, or someplace warmer for the winter. You're a man, hitch hike if you have to.

...I am handicapped, I am not on drugs or an alkie, I never have been in my life, the only family I had that reasonably cared about me is (m., f., and b.) inside a cement block. I really am handicapped & tired& have only the clothes set I am wearing, which are not WI tee-type.

get free clothes tomorrow morning at the Downtown Chapel (it's a catholic charity church) on NW 6th and Burnside. You get in line at about 730 ish and they give you a number. The doors open around 9. They give you food and clothes and shoes. I got a pair of Nikes there a few years ago. Brand new.

Go tonight to the Blanchet House for dinner on NW 4th and Glisan.

Tomorrow go to NW 18th and Davis to the Trinity Episcopal Cathedral between 1030 and Noon and they will give you a free slice of pizza, danishes, and also a bag of groceries. You can do this every single day M-Sat, they don't check ID or anything.

Sunday, go to NW Park and Glisan for the Potluck in the Park at 230. However, if it's raining, it'll be under the Hawthorne bridge. That is a MASSIVE feed. Rows and rows of food, sorta like a buffet. It may be the only feed on Sunday. So fill up there.

New Threads

Top Bottom