• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Make friends as a adult. Keeping them impossible.

School is a terrible place for autistic people to make friends. I am living proof of that. Even if I went back as an adult I would only do it remotely because of the past PTSD trauma and I know I would not make a single friend no one except the professors would say a single word to me.

I don't feel school is as good an environment as people make it out to be overall besides the learning part.
One thing that is nice about being an adult is actually the fact that you can create your own social spaces. If those social spaces are not working out, you can leave or take steps to leave depending on the situation.

www.meetup.com is a good way to try to build new friendships where a social space is already created for those meetups in existence with people already meeting.
I have never heard of that where i live people mostly socialize with their friends from college and high school

I wish I never created this thread. I did it when I thought I had friends but when I created it I was stood up with no ride, invited to an place with a no show. Now it's worse with women ignoring me to the point I can't talk about because it can involve authorities. Also it's a warzone in my house because of all the rage in my house due to women walking away from me. I now say every swear except the f word now. It's bad. My so called friends are never here or jet set all over when I need them the most or take days to answer my texts.

I have never heard of that where i live people mostly socialize with their friends from college and high school
If you can drive or comfortable taking public transportation, open your scope up beyond your immediate local area. Check the towns nearby for things.
Consider volunteering at a homeless shelter or library.
Considering running a group through a library such as a book or game club or something for kids.

If you can drive or comfortable taking public transportation, open your scope up beyond your immediate local area. Check the towns nearby for things.
Consider volunteering at a homeless shelter or library.
Considering running a group through a library such as a book or game club or something for kids.
I recently started attending a japanese course, and already made a friend i think.
Also i might have to move to a bigger City with more social activities so there is that too. Thank you for your advice!

Also being invited to the café from hell this summer which I gave you so many chances where most of the clientele was just like the college students in every way reverted me socially making me afraid to even be around women, never mind even talk to them, and even made me profane in my language with every swear back even as making me desensitized to them again like back then except the F word. Now I'm never going back there again, not even on Sundays except game night because the normal clientele never goes between churches. I am even going as far to go to Dunkin' Donuts instead.

Last edited:
Also being invited to the café from hell this summer which I gave you so many chances where most of the clientele was just like the college students in every way reverted me socially making me afraid to even be around women, never mind even talk to them, and even made me profane in my language with every swear back even as making me desensitized to them again like back then except the F word. Now I'm never going back there again, not even on Sundays except game night because the normal clientele never goes between churches. I am even going as far to go to Dunkin' Donuts instead.
Cafe and church is not the right setting for you.
You need to volunteer at a homeless shelter and try making friends there. Seriously.
Or maybe volunteer at a public library for something less intense.

Cafe and church is not the right setting for you.
You need to volunteer at a homeless shelter and try making friends there. Seriously.
Or maybe volunteer at a public library for something less intense.
I now want to get away from all of those types, (Gen Z's, millenniums) now become a recluse as they are everywhere even at the places you mentioned, before I end up in the nuthouse.

Last edited:
i know i sound like a broken record on this, but chronically single, forever alone cases like Tony fill me with lots of depression and anger, resentment, because its a reminder that, i know i'm in good company, i'm sure cases like that are male-dominated. Even guys, men, who seem physically normal looking, they are not ugly at all, can still easily be at risk of staying forever single a lot more than the other way around, probably because, women are always guaranteed attention or interest from men for simply just existing.

I've even heard some people say this, and i agree with it, men are naturally in scarcity with women, women are naturally in abundance with men.

I'm antisocial and hateful especially around women like my college days. I even go as far as walk in the street to avoid them on the sidewalk and stand as far away from the platform even stand if a seat is remotely near it next to them. Just like when I was 18. I now behave and speak just like I did back then.

I'm antisocial and hateful especially around women like my college days. I even go as far as walk in the street to avoid them on the sidewalk and stand as far away from the platform even stand if a seat is remotely near it next to them. Just like when I was 18. I now behave and speak just like I did back then.
yeah, even though you did mention that your sister is almost 40 and never had a boyfriend right, always been single? i remember you said she has a more severe case of autism, does she ever express sadness or resentment about being single?

i know i sound like a broken record on this, but chronically single, forever alone cases like Tony fill me with lots of depression and anger, resentment, because its a reminder that,

Part of the problem is social and parental indoctrination, creating inherent expectations.
Rule #1, there are no rulz.

i know i'm in good company, i'm sure cases like that are male-dominated. Even guys, men, who seem physically normal looking, they are not ugly at all, can still easily be at risk of staying forever single a lot more than the other way around, probably because, women are always guaranteed attention or interest from men for simply just existing.

That is a broad generalisation.

I've even heard some people say this, and i agree with it, men are naturally in scarcity with women, women are naturally in abundance with men.

Men tend to be more hormone-driven, especially from pubity to young adulthood.
Evolution at work.
What can you do? 🤷‍♂️

New Threads

Top Bottom