• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meme

DaisyRose

I saw this meme my Pinterest news feed. Anyone else relate? I thought this was funny.

1724636115791.jpeg

Weirdly, I feel like I listen to the same songs and albums less than some neurotypicals. But in all fairness, I probably listen to way too much music in general to be considered healthy

Yeah, my partner isn't autistic, and she likes to listen to songs on repeat. She probably does it more than me. The difference between us is that when she listens to a song on repeat, it tends to fade into the background for her, while if I'm listening to a song on repeat, I'm still focusing on it even after several replays.

Does this mean that if I don't understand the meme then I'm not ASC? 😉

Though on a serious note, I have trouble interpreting a lot of meme's - is this a mildly self-deprecatory and ironic view on the polarised opinions between the general public and those in the spectrum?
Or am I missing/misinterpreting something?

Though on a serious note, I have trouble interpreting a lot of meme's - is this a mildly self-deprecatory and ironic view on the polarised opinions between the general public and those in the spectrum?
It was supposed to mean, that while you thought, that something is normal for others, it's actually only your autistic trait, and not something NTs are doing. But with this specific meme it doesn't work good, because NT people do this as well.

I can certainly listen to songs or watch videos over and over again. But I can also overdo it and get bored with them.

Repeat, Re do, Duplicate, Replicate. Yes, definately a replicant.

blade runner 2.jpg

Just some trivia. One of the test qquestions to see if a person was actually human was to ask them what they would do if a wasp landed on them. If they said they would kill it it indicated they were human.

Repeat, Re do, Duplicate, Replicate. Yes, definately a replicant.

View attachment 133824

Just some trivia. One of the test qquestions to see if a person was actually human was to ask them what they would do if a wasp landed on them. If they said they would kill it it indicated they were human.
I have a video in my phone of a wasp walking around on my leg for several minutes. I guess I fail.

It was supposed to mean, that while you thought, that something is normal for others, it's actually only your autistic trait, and not something NTs are doing. But with this specific meme it doesn't work good, because NT people do this as well.
Thanks.
So, I was about half right then! I must be improving!

Good question. On occasion they can seem baffling to me as well. Though I have always known that in some instances I have difficulty with sarcasm, especially if pointed at me personally. So I suppose it depends on the message in question.

Good question. On occasion they can seem baffling to me as well. Though I have always known that in some instances I have difficulty with sarcasm, especially if pointed at me personally. So I suppose it depends on the message in question.
I either see so many possibilities of meaning in every element, with no way to work out which are wrong, or all of it makes no sense at all (those are usually the one's that rely on recognising a face or something).
But yeah, it is very context sensitive.
I guess my not watching TV or using social media and the like doesn't help in maintaining a social connection that aids in interpreting these things.

I don't do that anymore since if i listen to the same thing too much i grew bored and can't daydream with it well.

Instead, i like to listen to my playlists on the same order again and again.

Does this mean that if I don't understand the meme then I'm not ASC?

My (likely wrong) interpretation was that the guy thinks everything is normal while autism is lurking nearby, undermining his confidence. There could be much more to this meme than I realize though :D

My (likely wrong) interpretation was that the guy thinks everything is normal while autism is lurking nearby, undermining his confidence. There could be much more to this meme than I realize though :D
Or is it the normal person that see's the autistic person as the rather menacing figure on the left, while the autistic drummer thinks it's perfectly normal (and presumably in the context of his being a musician and hence would play (rehearse) tunes frequently anyway?).
Or is it the menacing autistic person thinking they look like the friendly safe autistic drummer on the right?
Or is the friendly happy musical autistic guy who thinks all the normal people think he's the menacing version?
Or is it ... (ad infinitum! 😄)

Oh! It's all so confusing! 🥴
How about we use meme's with no images? (Oh, hang on, those are called 'posts' I believe? 🤣)

Or is it the normal person that see's the autistic person as the rather menacing figure on the left, while the autistic drummer thinks it's perfectly normal (and presumably in the context of his being a musician and hence would play (rehearse) tunes frequently anyway?).
Or is it the menacing autistic person thinking they look like the friendly safe autistic drummer on the right?
Or is the friendly happy musical autistic guy who thinks all the normal people think he's the menacing version?
Or is it ... (ad infinitum! 😄)

Oh! It's all so confusing! 🥴
How about we use meme's with no images? (Oh, hang on, those are called 'posts' I believe? 🤣)
I mean it says autism, not autistic. That guy from the back is not another guy, it's autism of the drummer.

As a person who is very into memes, it's funny to see how wrong those memes can be seen by people, who aren't into them, heh

As a person who is very into memes, it's funny to see how wrong those memes can be seen by people, who aren't into them, heh
I find that I don't get a large percentage of memes. I enjoy many of them greatly, but a lot I just look at and totally don't get.

New Threads

Top Bottom