• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nvidia 50 Series

It feels like over 50% of the GPU's, RAM, and all in one coolers have RGB as standard.

I like to put all my non-RGB kit into a simple, noise dampened black case, with no windows and silent, unlit case fans.

Ed

Last edited:
It feels like over 50% of the GPU's, RAM, and all in one coolers have RGB as standard.

I like to put all my non-RGB kit into a simple, noise dampened black case, with no windows and silent, unlit case fans.

Ed

My only reservation about this one is that airflow seems nominal at best. Often reading reviews citing the "air" version is a better deal. Though I still like the "silent" version. I also have no interest in RGB anything with the computers I build.

If I really wanted RGB I'd just go out and buy a well-adorned Christmas tree. :rolleyes:

Pop Silent

Touch wood, but my PC is 8 years old, asides from the 3070 TI upgrade. And still on all original components including AIO cooler. I enjoy a quiet machine, it's very nice.

Similar to @Jonn I used to build a high end PC every 2-3 years. But when I finally got out the other side of a life long video game addiction, I simply stuck with the PC I'd built all those years ago.

I play Phantasy Star Universe, which could run on a toaster. Phantasy Star Online (which is even older). And occasionally Fallout 3, New Vegas and 4. Admittedly the FPS on 4 saw a huge jump going from a 1080 GTX to a 3070 TI. So I can't justify a new build other than wanting a larger monitor and faster M.2 and a more capable processor. But seeing as that's a lot of a new PC build, I figure I'd just build a brand new machine.

I'd like to play No Man's Sky flawlessly. I even got the top end Xbox to see if that'd be a plug and play option, but the framerate was diabolical compared to my PC. Same with Fallout 4, no matter what (limited) settings I changed on the Xbox settings, it ran like it was playing in slow motion. Very frustrating.

I sold the Xbox within 2 months of owning it. It even had the terrible framerate issues on Skate 3 which is a Xbox 360 game. The original game on 360 didn't have the smoothest framerate in places, but I expected more from the latest Xbox given it's impressive specs (for a console).

Ed

Last edited:
I enjoy a quiet machine, it's very nice.
Me too. Though always pursuing a relatively quiet system continues to be the bane of my existence in building PCs. Inevitably having to compromise given thermodynamic issues.

Definitely incentive in avoiding playing or wanting contemporary video games for the pc. Though the greatest incentive in avoiding gaming continues to be Microsoft alone.

One thing for sure though, with Linux Mint 22.0, Nvidia drivers continue to be problematic for me, even with a GTX 1660Ti. Still trying to chase down the random freezes. Recently rolled back to the earliest driver and added a new command line in the GRUB. Still waiting to see if it crashes again.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom