• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

Gallery of Great Art-.jpg

God, that's so scary to me. I recently had a ~14 inch skink waltz inside of my house and I couldn't breathe... and they're technically harmless!
Don't panic, 3 inches is very large for a gecko. The most worrisome thing is if you get up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and you tread on one. Messy. :)

Gecko.jpg

We have house gekkos. They are cute. They have yet to drop on me from the ceiling. They usually hang out on the kitchen walls and come out at night. They drop tiny droppings on surfaces.

When I lived even further into the swamp, there were tree frogs in the shower and huge hunting spiders on the wall. There were ants in the kitchen, so I put out an Oreo cookie for them and watched them dismantle it molecule by molecule. Took them about a week to make it disappear.

That was a temporary situation but I enjoyed it.

That was a temporary situation but I enjoyed it.
That's one of the things I loved about the tropics, you soon realise that you're sharing the world with a lot of other creatures. I enjoyed feeling like a part of the world around me. Now I'm back in temperate climes it seems a little sterile.

Graffiti on the back of the "Welcome to the Northern Territory" sign on the SA/NT border many years ago:

Warning. The only thing in the Territory that doesn't bite is the butterflies, and don't trust them either.

If I ever win the lottery and move to New Zealand you'll know where I am. There'll be a sign that says 'Danger. Australia xxxxKm ahead. Take avoiding action now before something bites you.' on my driveway!

Australia and New Zealand are like brothers, we like to stir each other up and joke about each other a bit but we also share quite a lot. They introduced some of our possums many years ago, they're still regretting that.

The stretch of ocean between Australia and New Zealand is often called The Ditch, that's all it is to us, a quick jump away.

Australia and New Zealand are like brothers, we like to stir each other up and joke about each other a bit but we also share quite a lot. They introduced some of our possums many years ago, they're still regretting that.

The stretch of ocean between Australia and New Zealand is often called The Ditch, that's all it is to us, a quick jump away.

I have family there, a family member was on a boat that stopped in New Zealand. And he met a woman there. He was supposed to be away for three weeks, it has now been 40 years. I think she kidnapped him but she never sent any ransom demands to us. :)

I have family there, a family member was on a boat that stopped in New Zealand. And he met a woman there. He was supposed to be away for three weeks, it has now been 40 years. I think she kidnapped him but she never sent any ransom demands to us. :)
Is this what happened to your uncle?

New Threads

Top Bottom