• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Weird or Random

FB_IMG_1658098236510.jpg

That poor little thing, it's so full it looks like a opossum balloon.
They mostly eat nectar and pollen but they love fruit when they can get it. You can even entice them out during daylight with a tin of pineapple chunks. I think the one in the picture is only a baby, and probably passed out on a sugar high. :)

Random and somewhat weird fact; there are no mosquitoes in Iceland. At all. Mosquitoe free zone.
In Darwin you quite often see community service announcements on TV telling you not to leave containers with water lying around because they provide breeding habitats for mosquitoes. Anyone that has lived there for a while knows that these messages are created by clueless idiots from down south.

In the tropics leaf litter is moist enough to support mosquito larvae and that’s where they breed. Any water in containers in your yard will very quickly be surrounded by birds, frogs and lizards and the mosquitoes don’t stand a chance.

In Darwin you quite often see community service announcements on TV telling you not to leave containers with water lying around because they provide breeding habitats for mosquitoes. Anyone that has lived there for a while knows that these messages are created by clueless idiots from down south.

In the tropics leaf litter is moist enough to support mosquito larvae and that’s where they breed. Any water in containers in your yard will very quickly be surrounded by birds, frogs and lizards and the mosquitoes don’t stand a chance.

In Australia, mosquitoes would be last on my list of worries. :) I'm more worried about the snakes, the crocodiles and spiders the size of my face! :fearscream:

New Threads

Top Bottom