• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sigma males

Are you a Sigma Male/Female?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pardon?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@thejuice

and @Jonn (up to a point)

I found a "classification video" but it seems they've taken it too far: IMO there are too many classifications for any of them to be useful /sigh.

IRL there are many varieties of men who are capable and self-confident because they're capable.
All independent, capable people are "Alpha-proof".
Most capable people are either not Betas, or are able to manage the consequences of preferring not to be leaders.

Men self-organize by capability for the task at hand, and can integrate leaders and capable people into that easily.
IMO the interesting additional classifiers are talents like diplomats, mediators, organizers, etc. That kind of innate inclination contributes naturally to a group without negatively influencing "technical efficiency".

To me, Omega and Sigma look like synthetic constructions built from the questionable Alpha/Beta model.

IMO "YouTube Sigma Males" aren't really a thing. They're just a niche for getting attention for videos.
Of course you would say that. :cool:
I am sure you don't mean to be, but you are coming across as condescending.
Plz respect my Sigma boundaries. ;)

What I am doing here is a "Work in progress".
I am researching a subject and can come to my own conclusions when I gather enough information.

Id probably like to think it's me choosing not to have friends but likelihood is I'm incapable of connecting, even if we have shared interests. I connect okay with some other autistics.
The videos aren't talking about those on the spectrum, even if many traits may be shared.
Take what is said with an NT grain of salt. ;)

@Outdated

I thought of you when I wrote "Alpha proof :)

Aimless aggression melts in the face of confident competence /lol.
I didn't respond to this thread earlier because that sort of thing has always been irrelevant to me. I wear different hats for different tasks, it seems to be a very common NT game and I can play any role I please. Shocks quite a few people when I go all Alpha on them. :)

BTW there's no such thing as an actual human Alpha Male in the sense that e.g. Chimps and Gorillas have Alphas.
YouTube's Alphas are the "Handsome Prince" from fairly tales.
If you look around you, you may be surprised at how some men seem to portray Alpha Male stereotypes.
No, I am not talking about you.

Of course you would say that. :cool:
I am sure you don't mean to be, but you are coming across as condescending.
Plz respect my Sigma boundaries. ;)

What I am doing here is a "Work in progress".
I am researching a subject and can come to my own conclusions when I gather enough information.

I don't do the traditional status negotiations online and naturally I accept the consequences.

I looked at a couple of "Sigma" videos a while ago, but either they were specialized, or the only classifications at the time were Alpha, Beta, and Sigma. The videos I watched actually described "Dark Triad" psychopaths (the kind that has a normal upbringing, and can live a normal life).

People like that aren't too far from HFA in some ways, but there are big differences too.

Last edited:
The videos I watched actually described "Dark Triad" psychopaths (the kind that has a normal upbringing, and can live a normal life.

"The Dark Triad" is something that I have started looking into as a result of coming across it while I was collecting further data on ritual abuse.
I am also in the process of researching "Dark Psychology".

Many ppl would call all those concepts conspiracy theories, but we know better...
...I hope... :cool:

I don't do the traditional status negotiations online and naturally I accept the consequences.
And yet you make the same mistake over and over with me. ;)
Never mess with someone with well defined boundaries who stands their ground. :cool:

Attachments

• Omega man.jpg
    Omega man.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Omega man.jpg
    Omega man.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 3
I didn't respond to this thread earlier because that sort of thing has always been irrelevant to me. I wear different hats for different tasks, it seems to be a very common NT game and I can play any role I please. Shocks quite a few people when I go all Alpha on them. :)
I think it's effective to have gears you can cycle through, 3rd,4th, 5th.. you might potter around like a gentleman in 3rd but I think it's important to have a few extra that you might not need, especially if line crossers know that.

And yet you make the same mistake over and over with me. ;)
Never mess with someone with well defined boundaries who stands their ground. :cool:

I'm not "messing" with you.
How you react is up to you OFC, but I don't see how this could lead to a conflict of interest.

Last edited:
@Jonn

Here's a good TED talk by a famous primatologist (Frans de Waal) about Alphas in non-human primates.

These are definitely not the same thing as "human Alphas" of course. The differences are so big I'm still not sure what "Alpha" is supposed to mean in YouTube videos about human society.

"Natural Leaders" are a thing, but IMO whatever they are isn't based on aggression or dominance games.
You see people trying to use those to their advantage sometimes, but it always turns out to be just maneuvering for position in a small-scale "pecking order" (and Lobsters famously do that /lol)

Maybe you've seen the video of Andrew Wilson interacting with a much larger, very aggressive guy in a group discussion? Mostly just entertaining, but it sort of connects with Lobsters and human competency-based organization too :)

If we had handful of good friends as opposed to popularity contest, then it wouldn't be so bad. Even other cultures have nt standards to fit in or relate, so often just left feeling like misfit.
Some people also friendly and accepting but then they want you to be this one's girlfriend, and propose foreign lifestyle that places daily toll on autism.

I'm pessimistic but see less benefits to being autistic everyday, kind of recognising it more of disability. Then IQ was if ever got paid my worth or market value, if I could enter workplace with genzed values in jobs, might not have being so bad. Years of unemployment and burden are not fun.

I do prefer a sigma male/more sensitive type. But I think if you guys start dating late the women already gathered bad experiences, being messed around.
Sadly men want sex and women give kids unconditional love, even when her petrol tank is empty, she gives gives gives
One day she wakes up and goes what happened to nice guy theory

New Threads

Top Bottom