• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Summer or Winter?

Summer or Winter?

• Summer

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Winter

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Both

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
I like winter more than I do summer. I have always liked the winters in Wyoming because we get several feet of snow each year. It is a beautiful time of the year. The summers around here are alright but some days it gets so hot I do not even want to go outside. There is hardly any rain so most of the plants start to turn brown by the end of the summer. We have a wildfire going on not too far from where I live. Lightening started this fire and it has been burning for the last month. Hopefully we get some rain soon.

I think I handle winter better although I do enjoy both

I can not stand too much of the heat it makes me sick

and bees frighten me to death
but I do like my camp and swimming

I love Christmas time though and prefer colder weather. as long as its not too bad...

Winter is the best and it is sandwiched with fall and spring which are my other two favorite seasons. Summer is fine but it's too hot and full of pollen that make my allergies go crazy.

Michigan has 4 seasons. Almost winter, winter, still winter, and tourist season. I like and dislike parts of them all.

Winter is nice because it gives an excuse to stay in, puts a damper on sounds and bugs, and the air is dry. I like to snowblow. I don't like heating bills and poorly cleared roads.

Spring is only nice because winter is almost over. It's ugly outside and the air smells of death, as everything that's died and frozen over the winter comes to surface and rot all at once.

Summer is nice because I finally don't have to bundle up, and I can do things outside. It's rarely hot enough to actually need AC. What I don't like is everyone else thinks so too, and tourists flood into the state and make everyday life difficult for the locals.

Fall is my favorite when the weather is nice. The humidity drops and the scenery is pretty. The summer tourists are gone but it's a new crowd of leaf gazers who flood into here this time. Also it can rain for weeks on end, and when it does I wish I was somewhere else.

So glad there are more for winter! I can’t stand heat, it makes me feel sick. The cold I don’t exactly like but I can tolerate much better and I get more energy. Spring and fall are more comfortable. I could do without summer at all

I put winter because I live in Florida.
We have two seasons here, hot and hotter.
I hate the humidity and storms of summer here even though I prefer warm weather.
Winters are still warm to hot and dry.
I'm originally from AZ and I can stand it there because it is not humid.

So my answer is confusing. I hate cold that most think of as winter yet I put winter
because our winter is like temperate summers.

If I have to choose, then summer. Although it can get hot in summer, I'm very sensitive to cold, and I don't like long nights - they affect my mood.

I live in South Carolina. At least it's not Arizona levels of hot where I live during the summer. I heard you can use your driveway as a way to cook your eggs in Arizona.

The hottest weather that I have ever been in was 111 degrees in Phoenix Arizona. That was very, very hot. But at least it was dry heat. I have also been 100 degree heat in Florida. There it was very, very humid and I felt the heat worse than I did in Arizona.

I've always said that in the winter you can wrap in blankets and get warm, but in the summer you're miserable and nothing you can do about it. Then one day I heard someone from Florida say the exact opposite. lol It's very humid here and even temps in the 80's make me miserable.
@Joshua Aaron they say Arizona heat isn't as bad because it's a dry heat. Yea, you don't sweat, you step outside and get parched. You cook whether it's humid or dry. And I'm not surprised with your egg statement.
@Fino I'm with you - I LOVE jacket weather. :)

The hottest weather that I have ever been in was 111 degrees in Phoenix Arizona. That was very, very hot. But at least it was dry heat. I have also been 100 degree heat in Florida. There it was very, very humid and I felt the heat worse than I did in Arizona.
There is both heat AND humidity here in South Carolina.

Neither. I like spring and autumn better. Medium temperatures not too hot or too cold. Good walking weather. I can't choose between winter and summer, they both have good points and bad points, and apart from extremes of heat or cold, I like them. Winter has Christmas and summer has beach holidays. Winter has crisp frosty days and summer has ice creams and rock pools. Winter has slippy ice but summer has prickly heat. I like the changes of season.

I've wondered if my hatred of summer is autism-related. According to this poll, it looks like it is! I can't stand the heat. The sun is always bright (I don't like light!), and the noise...oh my god the noise...lawnmowers, leaf blowers, teenagers congregating outside thumping their rap music in their cars... Torture!

I put winter because I live in Florida.
We have two seasons here, hot and hotter.
I hate the humidity and storms of summer here even though I prefer warm weather.
Winters are still warm to hot and dry.
I'm originally from AZ and I can stand it there because it is not humid.

So my answer is confusing. I hate cold that most think of as winter yet I put winter
because our winter is like temperate summers.
I hope you are faring well, and won't be impacted by the hurricane. Sending you good wishes.

Of the two options, winter is the most preferred for me.
Do not like the heat of the summer at all. Early to mid summer is bearable as it is easy to open a window. But, late summer is a real pain as mosquitoes and wasps will find their way thru the smallest of openings of an open window.
Do not really have any ways of cooling myself down either (except a few quick showers per day), that does not really help to much either. But, I'm fine with that, as it most likely will not get any better in the future.

Also not that interested in snow either, it is just a pain to walk in.

Of the two options, winter is the most preferred for me.
Do not like the heat of the summer at all. Early to mid summer is bearable as it is easy to open a window. But, late summer is a real pain as mosquitoes and wasps will find their way thru the smallest of openings of an open window.
Do not really have any ways of cooling myself down either (except a few quick showers per day), that does not really help to much either. But, I'm fine with that, as it most likely will not get any better in the future.

Also not that interested in snow either, it is just a pain to walk in.
Freaking mosquitoes! They're such a pain!

New Threads

Top Bottom