• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Internet is disappearing...

I suspect Smarty has throttled my speed. Before my data ran out this morning, my connection was fine. Once I purchased the unlimited monthly top up again because it expired, my connection has been bad all of today, even when I had my phone outside.

It is so slow at under 1 Mbps, and I can only remain connected briefly. Did the usual flight mode trick to see if it would resolve the problem, which didn't really help. But it was definitely okay last night.

I suspect Smarty has throttled my speed.
I had a lot of arguments about internet providers throttling speed.

The full story inside:
I used to play a lot of First Person Shooter games online.
I was actually in a clan that wasn't particularly autistic-friendly.
(Meaning there were a lot of alpha-male want to be ppl.)

They refused to accept my performance difficulties that in part had something to do with throttling.
I explained how after a while, I couldn't "own" the ppl I could before.
I explained to them that onscreen lag and rubber-banding was a big problem at times.
I also mentioned that when I played on the gaming server that was owned by the provider, my gaming experience was excellent.

My so-called team mates refused to even consider the possibility that gaming prowess was also influenced by internet quality.
Pretty dumb, huh? lol

This was about 20 years ago, so there wasn't that much information about speed-throttling back then.
I was told that "I have the same provider and have no problem".
I tried to explain to them that distance to the node was important, also.
Clearly, they weren't interested in the Truth.
They simply didn't like my autistic ways.

Eventually it became completely clear that speed -throttling was the major issue.
I used to play the games extensively and noticed that if I took a break for a couple of days, my gaming performance jumped up again.
But unfortunately, when I put in the hours again, the same issue re-emerged.
The problem was, there was only one provider in the area and I had absolutely no other choice.

When I moved to my new property 8 years ago, it had top quality Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) which gave me some of the best "pings" in game.
That lasted for maybe a couple of weeks.
I then had some of the worse pings to the point where I was being kicked out to the server.

That was the last straw.
I gave Optus the flick and signed up with Telstra.
I have never looked back.

The End. :cool:

Damn, that is probably one of my longest posts to date.
Misery would be proud of me. :p

I have a Huawei router. I am not sure if it is 5G enabled, but I assume the phone needs to have the capacity for 5G.

But I heard 5G users are more susceptible to throttling, as the faster speed is obviously alluring to customers who sign up.

It is fine for non-political subject matter, tho.

I would agree with this about 75% of the time. What I've noticed lately is that regular wikipedia articles tend to have a lot of scattered information coming from random sources that hardly paints a decent picture of people.

In fact, I even watch a show called "Wikipedia: Fact or Fiction" that basically has musicians debunk all of the crazy things wikipedia has said about them. Just the idea that there has to be a show like that cracks me up :D

(Usually their pages get somewhat fixed afterward too, which is equally funny)

^
When looking for a source, I actively avoid Wikipedia if possible.

I'd rather just use online streaming services than to babble on about Resident Evil games, as the fanboys typically seen on post sections always just try to refute genuine facts, or counter you with another means of damage control. :p

I'd rather just use online streaming services than to babble on about Resident Evil games, as the fanboys typically seen on post sections always just try to refute genuine facts, or counter you with another means of damage control. :p
Wait is that aimed at me?

I was talking about this

New Threads

Top Bottom