• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

Had to do some grocery shopping and the last thing I bought was this, a tube of caviar. Not the fancy, expensive type, just regular caviar.
kaviar.jpg

I've never seen caviar in a squeeze tube! You sure that isn't fish roe flavored toothpaste? ;)

Oh that's right, you guys over there don't have caviar in tubes, do you. :) We have a lot of different food in tubes here, it's handy. For example: Mayonnaise, bacon-cheese, remoulade, macerel in tomato sauce and even soft goat cheese. That's the one to the right in this picture:

1718036992666.png

And one of my favorites, shrimp-cheese :D Spreads smooth on toast. All of the different cheese tubes are soft cheese that you can spread with a knife.
1718037130277.png

There are several others too, chili-paprika cheese for example. And curry-pineapple cheese. And jalapeno-cheese. And ham-cheese. And pepper-cheese. 😋

Last edited:
I never liked caviar and didn't understand why it's so expensive and so popular, but then again I love my Vegemite. :D

I never liked caviar and didn't understand why it's so expensive and so popular, but then again I love my Vegemite. :D

It's very salty. Caviar has a strong salty taste. I think I like it because I grew up on it. If I had tried it for the first time now, I don't think I would have liked it. 🤔 Because it's so strong.

The caviar I posted a pic of is not the expensive type, it's around 2,50 US dollars for a tube. Just regular cod caviar, not beluga sturgeon.

It's very salty. Caviar has a strong salty taste. I think I like it because I grew up on it. If I had tried it for the first time now, I don't think I would have liked it. 🤔 Because it's so strong.
I didn't mind the flavour, I think it was the texture that put me off. Mixed with cheese as a spread for bread and toast sounds pretty good. Shrimp and cheese sounds good too, except in Australia we'd use prawns instead - they're not the same animal. As a kid I used to love sardines and cheese in a grilled toasty.

Oh that's right, you guys over there don't have caviar in tubes, do you. :) We have a lot of different food in tubes here, it's handy. For example: Mayonnaise, bacon-cheese, remoulade, macerel in tomato sauce and even soft goat cheese. That's the one to the right in this picture:

View attachment 130915

And one of my favorites, shrimp-cheese :D Spreads smooth on toast. All of the different cheese tubes are soft cheese that you can spread with a knife.
View attachment 130916
There are several others too, chili-paprika cheese for example. And curry-pineapple cheese. And jalapeno-cheese. And ham-cheese. And pepper-cheese. 😋

I'm speechless. We have some stuff in tubes here but nothing like your variety.

Caviar in the USA is very expensive. A delicacy. But I do like going to the Russian market and buying roe. It is much cheaper than caviar, and delicious on crackers. The roe still is pretty expensive, and I only eat it maybe once a year.

I also like goat cheese (chevrie).

But neither of those foods come in tubes like you have. The roe comes in a jar. And the chevrie comes sealed in clear plastic, like a little spreadable cheese log. It is also sort of expensive. But not nearly as much as the roe. I eat it a few times a year.

(btw this is not the last thing I bought. i'm just joining the conversation.)

Caviar in the USA is very expensive. A delicacy. But I do like going to the Russian market and buying roe. It is much cheaper than caviar, and delicious on crackers. The roe still is pretty expensive, and I only eat it maybe once a year.

I also like goat cheese (chevrie).

But neither of those foods come in tubes like you have. The roe comes in a jar. And the chevrie comes sealed in clear plastic, like a little cheese log.

The beluga caviar is very expensive but the cod caviar I mentioned is not expensive here. It's found on most breakfast tables. It's cod roe but we call it caviar, roe is caviar. The main reason we use aluminium tubes is that the product gets a longer shelf life, lasts much longer. And it's convenient, just squeeze out what you want and put the cap on.

View attachment 130915

View attachment 130916
Americans are also obsessed with cheese. We put loads of it on nearly everything. Especially Italian and Mexican American dishes.

I think, based on the cheese combinations, you would really like a Texas Sundae. It's incredible.

Mesquite smoked brisquet smothered in tangy/spicy barbecue sauce, shredded on top of the cheesiest macaroni and cheese you have ever had.

Then you top that with pickles and croutons, and voila! A Texas Sundae.

It's called a Texas Sundae as a joke, because it resembles an ice cream sundae, but savoury, made with traditional southern foods.

Btw, have you ever eaten a quesadilla?

Americans are also obsessed with cheese. We put loads of it on nearly everything. Especially Italian and Mexican American dishes.

I know, I was joking about that a while ago, I said that when you buy an American car it comes with two slices of cheese. Cheese on everything. 😆

Btw, have you ever eaten a quesadilla?

No I haven't eaten that.

Last edited:

LOL. Uh-huh. I've improved my "improvised" frozen pizza taste recently with multiple types of cheese rather than just the usual mozzarella.

With "Mexican" food I tend to stick using Colby-Jack and Cheddar. Just bought more too!

And quite by accident, I recently discovered sprinkling Parmesan Cheese on fried onion rings!

Last edited:
LOL. Uh-huh. I've improved my "improvised" frozen pizza taste recently with multiple types of cheese rather than just the usual mozzarella.
In the US they only use 1 cheese on pizzas? It's not pizza without smelly cheese - parmesan.

769584.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom