• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What did you like to watch growing up?

Rachie

Me I live in London UK and have done so all my life. I was born in 1973.
In my very early childhood I didn't enjoy much on the television and that was all we had available then to watch things on.

I loved Annie as well. The film came out and I wanted Daddy Warbucks to be my dad and wish I could be Annie. I think I watched the film numerous times in succession.

Heidi was a tv show also and I loved watching it after school. A book came out as well which I bought.

I loved watching the Red Hang Gang as well.

As a family we used to watch Knight Rider, Highway to Heaven, the A Team, Dynasty, Dallas, The Cosby show and Eastenders together as well.

I used to particularly like the Cosby Show and A Different world.

As a teenager I would like to watch after school Grange Hill and remember about Zamo and his drug taking.

In this forum I think growing up can extend to the age of 25.
Around 17 I liked Out of this World. It was about a girl Evie Ethel Garland. I also liked The Secret World of Alex Mack etc.

Last edited:
As a child I wasn't very childish, I had no interest in most of the shows on TV that everyone else wanted to watch but I did like watching news and current affairs programs. The only kids shows I really took any notice of were Catweazle, Dr Who, and Professor Julius Sumner Miller, he had a regular segment in our afternoon cartoon shows.

Heidi, do you mean the series from 1978, about the girl who lives with her grandfather in the Swiss alps? I loved that show.

I watched a lot of Swedish series when I was a kid. Pippi Longstocking, Life on Seacrow Island, Emil of Lönneberga. Astrid Lindgren's stories were popular back then. The Swedes made good tv.

In my early teens I discovered an American series called "Married... With Children". It was the greatest thing I had ever seen. 🙂 I still love that series, it's so good.

New Threads

Top Bottom