• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what is genius, how do we measure it?

High IQ means you have an ability to process information at a high level. It doesn't mean you're smart in everything you do. Einstein [may have] had a high IQ, but it doesn't mean he was able to, for example, make good decisions about his financial life.

High IQ means you have an ability to process information at a high level. It doesn't mean you're smart in everything you do. Einstein [may have] had a high IQ, but it doesn't mean he was able to, for example, make good decisions about his financial life.
EInstein was a genius but by the standards of his pers was not that bright.

Some think I put together on IQ years ago when I got sick of seeing IQ numbers on google. My ability was putting this together at work in a few hours, because I was pissed seeing some genius was quoted of having an IQ of 250.

Attachments

Last edited:
I just spent the day watching Curt Jaimungal interview the mathematician Richard Borcherds, I understood all the references I know this is not typical for a person with a 130 IQ.

I measure genius with Alfa Romeo. If you can fix all electrical problems in an old Alfa Romeo, you are a genius. ;) You have to be a genius to fix electrical problems in old Italian cars.

I measure genius with Alfa Romeo. If you can fix all electrical problems in an old Alfa Romeo, you are a genius. ;) You have to be a genius to fix electrical problems in old Italian cars.
Lucas wiring may that that top spot :p

I think I've only met 2 people I'd genuinely consider geniuses: one was a literary person, the other an abstract mathematician. They both would never consider themselves geniuses. One was my cousin who wound up working as a lawyer--he is completely "down to earth" but he does these incredible things like working to prove the innocence of a death row inmate. I think there are many more people who are definitely geniuses AT something (abstract math, music, etc) and that's a little more interesting to me--it means unexpected people can be geniuses.

Only meet one genius my older brother. must admit weird knowing others think I am one due to my unusual skill set.
which is just me being an Aspie.

He gave me a program he wrote to solve 7th degrees polynomials just enter coefficients and you get answer. I used to make ink formulas, I gave copy to plant engineer who agreed it works, cannot examine it as it was encrypted Also gave to professor of chemistry friend me issue My brother documented every thing so I gave documents to my Nephew Sister's son who just finished his under graduate degree in this area programming. had to wait until Pentium chip came out to use it. Took to long to process. I know some very heavy duty math involved now hidden on encrypted floppy disk.

Last edited:
When I tried taking an IQ test it said the timing I'd take would count towards my IQ score, so the quicker I answered each question (and correctly too) the more IQ points I'd score. To want to get questions right it will mean I will have to spend ages on each question, so by the time I finish my IQ score would probably come up as something like 30 lol.
The first question on the test was a difficult math question, so I didn't bother taking it at all. Too much brain power.

I'm no genius, that's for sure.
Black And White Vintage GIF

Watching a few more videos on Terence Howard had no idea who he was wondered why the fuss reminds me of Michael Faraday book binder who read the books, very bright able to see connections Aspie has strong visualization skills.

I have watched a lot of very bright NT's on U-tube lately none are geniuses understand how they see things You can sort of measure their IQ, Genius is different they are non linear thinkers see things a linear thinker would miss,
Starting to realize one requirement is being an Aspie more than being exceptionally bright. I really see this in physics so many incredibly bright people yet the not so bright but, bright enough make the breakthroughs.

really itching to monologue on machine learning inference and why everyone approaches inference wrong but can't because of confidentiality

The "thinking differently" part really resonates with me. IQ probably measures something but I don't know what the hell it measures.

I did come up with a brand new approach to inference and deployed it to production, but the very same evening, I watched The Chosen and could not keep up with it. I cannot keep track of complicated plot lines, drama, characters in videos, and I know the Gospels very well. What does that make me? Smart or stupid? Who knows?

I have watched a lot of very bright NT's on U-tube lately none are geniuses understand how they see things You can sort of measure their IQ, Genius is different they are non linear thinkers see things a linear thinker would miss,
Starting to realize one requirement is being an Aspie more than being exceptionally bright. I really see this in physics so many incredibly bright people yet the not so bright but, bright enough make the breakthroughs.

Your ability to remotely assess the intelligence of other people must be GENIUS. ;)

(This is sarcasm).

really itching to monologue on machine learning inference and why everyone approaches inference wrong but can't because of confidentiality

The "thinking differently" part really resonates with me. IQ probably measures something but I don't know what the hell it measures.

I did come up with a brand new approach to inference and deployed it to production, but the very same evening, I watched The Chosen and could not keep up with it. I cannot keep track of complicated plot lines, drama, characters in videos, and I know the Gospels very well. What does that make me? Smart or stupid? Who knows?
IQ with NT's is a bell curve you can mathematically convert a bell curve into a line One of my tricks when working
I would put control limits on on the line So genius would be the outliers probably the 5 sigma outliers. irrespective of measured iQ.

New Threads

Top Bottom